StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

This is a great place is you want

Nov 29 2011Communications
This is a great place is you want to come and become brain washed into a christian drone. Tuition is ridiculous for the half ass facilities they provide, student housing is awful. The cafeteria food is unhealthy and sickening. Goose poop covers majority of all sidewalks. The campus pond smells like something died in there and most of the students are sheltered home school kids who do not know anything about the real world and are afraid to stand up reality in which they are not even living in. Classes are ridiculously easy and teachers are super lenient and its awesome how much you do not have to apply your self if you don't want to. Mandatory chapel and 250 hours of community service is outrageous to have to complete in order to graduate.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A+, Scholastic Success: F

I am an adult student, taking online classes

Mar 03 2012Business - Management and Administration
I am an adult student, taking online classes to finish my degree. CCU seemed like a great university to finish my degree. However, one year in, I feel very foolish in my decision to study here. The courses are not challenging, and uber expensive. I am a Christian, and I hate saying this, but the curriculum is too Christian based. I am a business major, not a theology major. I would love to transfer to a state university, but I already paid over $6000 for their required courses which will not transfer to any other school. My husband also attended CCU, but he made the mistake of informing the woman in charge of his enrollment, Brandy, that he was a Catholic, and she completely ignored him and would not assist him for months when he attempted to enroll. Do not be fooled by CCU. They may endorse Rick Santorum, but they are ardently anti-Catholic!

CCU is a wonderful, wonderful school, if you

Dec 21 2010Unknown
CCU is a wonderful, wonderful school, if you care more about the environment of your college career more then the academic side. The two previous posters were pre-med and I'll be the first to admit CCU is not where you should go for a scince degree, but it is not to say it does not have anything to offer. The enviorment I have found at CCU is priceless to me. CCU is a very unique school with a unique enviorment, the underground party school vibe most christian colleges have is not a part of CCU. I was away from CCU for a semester, and missed it terribly, I missed people who lived a lifestyle that reflected their beliefs.

(not to say no one drinks at CCU, responsible drinking is quite common when people are of age and off campus) I also feel while the academics at CCU are probably not the best in the nation, they are very good. I have felt challenged in my classes, and I have felt encouraged to think for my self. I don't complelty agree with CCU's political baisis, but I have not found this to be a problem. Professors are excited that I think differntly then the majority of the student body, and they encourage me to find answers for myself.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012