StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

Jan 14 2013Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
PROS: The professors and instructors at the adult studies program of Colorado Christian University are above par. 90% of them are outstanding, which is better then I would have ever expected. CONS: As a business, CCU is unprofessional, unorganized, uncaring, and inhibit the adult student for success. If you are a veteran, please take my advice and do not waste your earned benefits here. I wanted to pursue a biblical based education here. Instead I was treated with less dignity then I could have ever imagined. This is not a rant based off my own experience. Other veterans that attended CCU with me experienced the same disrespect. They will take your benefit money for tuition and toss you to the dogs. BAH stipend? Don't plan on receiving it here. I spent hours upon hours trying to sort out the messes caused by the Student Service Central and in a nut shell, my family and I greatly suffered financially. THEY DO NOT CARE YOUR A VETERAN. THEY ADVERTISE LIKE THEY DO, BUT BE CAUTIOUS. I even met with the Dean of the adult program, he acted like he was going to look into the situation and figure out why I wasn't receiving my entitled benefits. Three days later I received a generic email basically telling me sorry I am out of luck. My GPA suffered as I had to dedicate so much of my time to figuring out my benefits that were being abused by CCU. Because they do not accomodate veterans, you can expect to receive $0.00- $260.00 BAH a month if you are taking 13 semester credit hours. Trust me, they won't tell you this up front. They will make it seem like every veteran that attends CCU is doing well. I care about my fellow brothers and sisters who have fought and sacrificed. You earned your college benefits, do not be deceived by this school. They will scam you and leave you stranded penniless. Please do not take this lightly, I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best and I want to see all of you succeed in your life after the military. Do not go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F
Apr 25 2012Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Great University! People are friendly and treat you like a person and instructors help in every way they possibly can. Highly recommended! You really get a Christian Education!The only problem about this college is the lady at the front desk she is nosy, but over all GREAT University! :)
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: A
Mar 03 2012Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am an adult student, taking online classes to finish my degree. CCU seemed like a great university to finish my degree. However, one year in, I feel very foolish in my decision to study here. The courses are not challenging, and uber expensive. I am a Christian, and I hate saying this, but the curriculum is too Christian based. I am a business major, not a theology major. I would love to transfer to a state university, but I already paid over $6000 for their required courses which will not transfer to any other school. My husband also attended CCU, but he made the mistake of informing the woman in charge of his enrollment, Brandy, that he was a Catholic, and she completely ignored him and would not assist him for months when he attempted to enroll. Do not be fooled by CCU. They may endorse Rick Santorum, but they are ardently anti-Catholic!