StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

Is spoken of as a great school, butQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Is spoken of as a great school, but after over a year here, I find myself asking my roommates "have you learned anything?" And all of our responses are "no...." The school claims to be ranked in the top 2%, but I have not been able to find this ranking anywhere after hours of searching. Multiple times I have registered for classes with a specific professor, been told I got into the class, and then at the last minute been switched into an entirely different class due to organizational problems and the overbooking of sections. I then either have professors with a mere undergraduate degree, or who have only ever taught online classes.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
This school is an utter disappointment.Other
This school is an utter disappointment. Courses are FAR too easy. Staff is terrible. Leadership from within is what shocked me the most. I have never seen a University act more like a for-profit, number producing, mess. This school would not survive a day in the East Coast private schools. If there is a word to describe this, I would use PHONY, followed by UNPROFESSIONAL!
PROS: The professors and instructors at the adultNot so brightOther
PROS: The professors and instructors at the adult studies program of Colorado Christian University are above par. 90% of them are outstanding, which is better then I would have ever expected. CONS: As a business, CCU is unprofessional, unorganized, uncaring, and inhibit the adult student for success. If you are a veteran, please take my advice and do not waste your earned benefits here. I wanted to pursue a biblical based education here. Instead I was treated with less dignity then I could have ever imagined. This is not a rant based off my own experience. Other veterans that attended CCU with me experienced the same disrespect. They will take your benefit money for tuition and toss you to the dogs. BAH stipend? Don't plan on receiving it here. I spent hours upon hours trying to sort out the messes caused by the Student Service Central and in a nut shell, my family and I greatly suffered financially. THEY DO NOT CARE YOUR A VETERAN. THEY ADVERTISE LIKE THEY DO, BUT BE CAUTIOUS. I even met with the Dean of the adult program, he acted like he was going to look into the situation and figure out why I wasn't receiving my entitled benefits. Three days later I received a generic email basically telling me sorry I am out of luck. My GPA suffered as I had to dedicate so much of my time to figuring out my benefits that were being abused by CCU. Because they do not accomodate veterans, you can expect to receive $0.00- $260.00 BAH a month if you are taking 13 semester credit hours. Trust me, they won't tell you this up front. They will make it seem like every veteran that attends CCU is doing well. I care about my fellow brothers and sisters who have fought and sacrificed. You earned your college benefits, do not be deceived by this school. They will scam you and leave you stranded penniless. Please do not take this lightly, I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best and I want to see all of you succeed in your life after the military. Do not go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015