StudentsReview ™ :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

CCU is a great school! I went to

Mar 04 2010Biology
CCU is a great school! I went to another school last year and it was okay but I didn't feel as if it was for me. People here are nice and friendly and most of them tend to stick to their values and don't drink or smoke but there are always those ones who do, but they're few and far between. This is not by any means a party school which is something that is bittersweet because you don't have to worry about parties on campus, but it can get boring occasionally. However, there is an abundance of things to do both on campus and off campus. There are so many ministries and activities to get involved with on campus and there is Belmar less than a mile away with restaurants, shops, and a theater. Colorado Mills is several miles away with more restaurants, shops, and a theater, and downtown is about 7 miles away with tons to do. The school itself is bittersweet. It is very small and, though the apartments that we live in are nice, most of the classrooms are in modular buildings that make the school seem cheap. The classes offered are good quality for the most part but there are several joke professors...I won't lie. Most departments are good but I think they over-exaggerate the Pre-Med Program. There is one great professor, but the others are kind of a joke, and the science labs are outdated. I think I will do okay on the MCAT but I do feel as though I will have to study by myself for most of it. Overall, CCU is a good school but the Biology program is lacking, but the administration is talking about building a new campus and I think that the quality of the Biology program, and most of the other programs, will increase with a new and updated campus.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C

Over all it has

Mar 23 2009Other
Over all it has been great being a student at CCU, but the campus is lacking. It is not new, nor old. There is a campus move in the works.
4th Year Male -- Class 2009
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B

what a gift to go to Rockmont Liberal

Aug 02 2008Sociology
what a gift to go to Rockmont Liberal Arts College-renamed CCU - to receive a special degree in The Sociology of Religion;i.e., now that one of the Members of the Calvary Temple Second Mile COmmittee is the President of CCU - William Armstrong - how I pray the studies I received in how to help the victims of the Calvary Temple 23 Million Dollar Religious Rico Fraud can be put to an evidentiary purpose with the assistance of President Armstrong; especially the Veterans Village very close to CCU where our Wounded Warriors will be going for healing and educational studies to be business owners. John l4:12 "Greater works will you do than I for I go to My Father"
4th Year Female -- Class 1986