StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

University is self-absorbed and leadership does not listen

Oct 28 2010PreMed and Medical
University is self-absorbed and leadership does not listen. Leadership directs University without thought or consideration of faculty, staff, or students. They treat students as a number in a factory. Promises are made and broken, leadership changes regularly on rotation that minimizes consistency, and they have no substantial endowments or financial aid available other than loans!DEFINITELY LOOK AT ANOTHER UNIVERSITY and if you think you just have to go here, talk to the staff and leadership to develop your own opinion regarding the history and stability of the University. Up until two years ago they operated in yearly fiscal debt yet charged higher tuition than anyone in the state!

CCU is a wonderful, wonderful school, if you

Dec 21 2010Unknown
CCU is a wonderful, wonderful school, if you care more about the environment of your college career more then the academic side. The two previous posters were pre-med and I'll be the first to admit CCU is not where you should go for a scince degree, but it is not to say it does not have anything to offer. The enviorment I have found at CCU is priceless to me. CCU is a very unique school with a unique enviorment, the underground party school vibe most christian colleges have is not a part of CCU. I was away from CCU for a semester, and missed it terribly, I missed people who lived a lifestyle that reflected their beliefs.

(not to say no one drinks at CCU, responsible drinking is quite common when people are of age and off campus) I also feel while the academics at CCU are probably not the best in the nation, they are very good. I have felt challenged in my classes, and I have felt encouraged to think for my self. I don't complelty agree with CCU's political baisis, but I have not found this to be a problem. Professors are excited that I think differntly then the majority of the student body, and they encourage me to find answers for myself.

1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Individual Value: A+, Scholastic Success: B-

CCU is a great school! I went to

Mar 04 2010Biology
CCU is a great school! I went to another school last year and it was okay but I didn't feel as if it was for me. People here are nice and friendly and most of them tend to stick to their values and don't drink or smoke but there are always those ones who do, but they're few and far between. This is not by any means a party school which is something that is bittersweet because you don't have to worry about parties on campus, but it can get boring occasionally. However, there is an abundance of things to do both on campus and off campus. There are so many ministries and activities to get involved with on campus and there is Belmar less than a mile away with restaurants, shops, and a theater. Colorado Mills is several miles away with more restaurants, shops, and a theater, and downtown is about 7 miles away with tons to do. The school itself is bittersweet. It is very small and, though the apartments that we live in are nice, most of the classrooms are in modular buildings that make the school seem cheap. The classes offered are good quality for the most part but there are several joke professors...I won't lie. Most departments are good but I think they over-exaggerate the Pre-Med Program. There is one great professor, but the others are kind of a joke, and the science labs are outdated. I think I will do okay on the MCAT but I do feel as though I will have to study by myself for most of it. Overall, CCU is a good school but the Biology program is lacking, but the administration is talking about building a new campus and I think that the quality of the Biology program, and most of the other programs, will increase with a new and updated campus.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012