StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

PROS: The professors and instructors at the adultNot so brightOther
PROS: The professors and instructors at the adult studies program of Colorado Christian University are above par. 90% of them are outstanding, which is better then I would have ever expected. CONS: As a business, CCU is unprofessional, unorganized, uncaring, and inhibit the adult student for success. If you are a veteran, please take my advice and do not waste your earned benefits here. I wanted to pursue a biblical based education here. Instead I was treated with less dignity then I could have ever imagined. This is not a rant based off my own experience. Other veterans that attended CCU with me experienced the same disrespect. They will take your benefit money for tuition and toss you to the dogs. BAH stipend? Don't plan on receiving it here. I spent hours upon hours trying to sort out the messes caused by the Student Service Central and in a nut shell, my family and I greatly suffered financially. THEY DO NOT CARE YOUR A VETERAN. THEY ADVERTISE LIKE THEY DO, BUT BE CAUTIOUS. I even met with the Dean of the adult program, he acted like he was going to look into the situation and figure out why I wasn't receiving my entitled benefits. Three days later I received a generic email basically telling me sorry I am out of luck. My GPA suffered as I had to dedicate so much of my time to figuring out my benefits that were being abused by CCU. Because they do not accomodate veterans, you can expect to receive $0.00- $260.00 BAH a month if you are taking 13 semester credit hours. Trust me, they won't tell you this up front. They will make it seem like every veteran that attends CCU is doing well. I care about my fellow brothers and sisters who have fought and sacrificed. You earned your college benefits, do not be deceived by this school. They will scam you and leave you stranded penniless. Please do not take this lightly, I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best and I want to see all of you succeed in your life after the military. Do not go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F
In a time that Enron is known aboutQuite BrightComputer Science
In a time that Enron is known about in most homes for what they did, I was looking for a school that would teach me technology and business with a level of ethics that would keep me away from Enron style management. CCU has awesome teachers with small class sizes. If you are struggling, the teachers are more than happy to meet with you at a variety of hours and locations that are convenient to you. I thought I was looking for a big name school, but I am much happier at CCU than all of my friends are at the big name schools.
1st Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B
During the majority of my time there, ColoradoSuper BrilliantOther
During the majority of my time there, Colorado Christian University was by my lights a respectable school: professors were free teach according to their judgments, in consistency with established norms of academic freedom; students were free to think, dissent, and the exchange of ideas was cordial; and students went on to succeed in their fields.

However, when former U.S. Senator William Armstrong became president, Colorado Christian University took a rapid downward turn. "Strategic Objectives" were implemented, which made CCU's curriculum virtually synonymous with Religious Right dogma. Professors were fired for encouraging students to consider the consequences of capitalism. Other professors voluntarily left the University when a narrow curriculum was imposed on them. Narrowly-educated religious studies professors became advisers of the Global Studies program. A class on African history and society is in the process of being disbanded because President Armstrong does not believe the continent of Africa has any geopolitical consequence for the United States. The class "Global Social Justice" is being renamed to "Global Management" to reflect a more capitalistic approach to world affairs. Professors are reportedly miserable and applying to work elsewhere. Student enrollment is declining rapidly; and hundreds of students have transferred since Armstrong became president.Colorado Christian University has ceased to become an effective academic institution. For students (or the parents of students) seeking the most narrow of Christian educations, pick CCU. But consider first Biola, Liberty, Oral Roberts, Wheaton, Gordon, Westmont, and others: these institutions, while undeniably conservative, at least have the pretenses of being real colleges. CCU lacks both the educational merits of a liberal arts college, AND the general respectability that the schools listed above continue to maintain. I am thoroughly unimpressed with Colorado Christian University, and thoroughly ashamed of the direction Armstrong has taken the school.

Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F