StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

PROS: The professors and instructors at the adultNot so brightOther
PROS: The professors and instructors at the adult studies program of Colorado Christian University are above par. 90% of them are outstanding, which is better then I would have ever expected. CONS: As a business, CCU is unprofessional, unorganized, uncaring, and inhibit the adult student for success. If you are a veteran, please take my advice and do not waste your earned benefits here. I wanted to pursue a biblical based education here. Instead I was treated with less dignity then I could have ever imagined. This is not a rant based off my own experience. Other veterans that attended CCU with me experienced the same disrespect. They will take your benefit money for tuition and toss you to the dogs. BAH stipend? Don't plan on receiving it here. I spent hours upon hours trying to sort out the messes caused by the Student Service Central and in a nut shell, my family and I greatly suffered financially. THEY DO NOT CARE YOUR A VETERAN. THEY ADVERTISE LIKE THEY DO, BUT BE CAUTIOUS. I even met with the Dean of the adult program, he acted like he was going to look into the situation and figure out why I wasn't receiving my entitled benefits. Three days later I received a generic email basically telling me sorry I am out of luck. My GPA suffered as I had to dedicate so much of my time to figuring out my benefits that were being abused by CCU. Because they do not accomodate veterans, you can expect to receive $0.00- $260.00 BAH a month if you are taking 13 semester credit hours. Trust me, they won't tell you this up front. They will make it seem like every veteran that attends CCU is doing well. I care about my fellow brothers and sisters who have fought and sacrificed. You earned your college benefits, do not be deceived by this school. They will scam you and leave you stranded penniless. Please do not take this lightly, I wish all of my brothers and sisters the best and I want to see all of you succeed in your life after the military. Do not go here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F
In a time that Enron is known aboutQuite BrightComputer Science
In a time that Enron is known about in most homes for what they did, I was looking for a school that would teach me technology and business with a level of ethics that would keep me away from Enron style management. CCU has awesome teachers with small class sizes. If you are struggling, the teachers are more than happy to meet with you at a variety of hours and locations that are convenient to you. I thought I was looking for a big name school, but I am much happier at CCU than all of my friends are at the big name schools.
1st Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B
Over all it hasQuite BrightOther
Over all it has been great being a student at CCU, but the campus is lacking. It is not new, nor old. There is a campus move in the works.
4th Year Male -- Class 2009