StudentsReview :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

I transfered out of CCU sophomore year.AveragePsychology
I transfered out of CCU sophomore year. I could not take their abuse any longer. CCU is not accepting of the LGBT community or anyone else who does not fit their narrow-minded, bigoted mold. As a college freshman enrolling at CCU, they threw a bunch of paperwork at me that I had to sign, so I did, even though I didn't know what I was signing. I signed a lifestyle covenant that was restrictive in how I live my life. I signed some paper saying I agree with everything in the student handbook, including that boys dress like boys, girls dress like girls, liking people of the same sex is one of the worst possible sins, my peers are responsible for turning me in if I mess up, and much more. CCU is perfect for those who have been homeschooled/gone to private conservative "Christian" school their entire life and have no desire to experience the real world, and wish to continue to live in a narrow-minded bubble where everyone looks, talks, and believes the same things. I used to think CCU was the best school a huge loan could buy. Sure the community is great, until you remember that your roommate or classmate could turn you in at any second. CCU wants their students to fit inside of their narrow mold and anyone who doesn't fit is ostracized and told they are going to hell. Think twice--or maybe three times--before signing your life away to this institution. I wish I had.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
I went to Colorado christian University because IBrightOther
I went to Colorado christian University because I saw the school it was pre-2006 pre Bill Armstrong. If you would like to know more about what happened in 2006 please do an internet search. CCU is probably the most republican college in the the nation, and this is constantly slammed down your throat. Actually, when I was there a speaker that was registered on Southern Poverty Law Center for her hateful right wing views. Also there are views that are academically unfounded are supported by the school, you can see this by simply reading the signs around campus. I wanted to love CCU, the community was awesome, but I fear that it's slowly getting destroyed and I'm honestly waiting and fearing the day it has accreditation troubles.
Preparedness: D Reputation: F
Enrolled in their CAGS program and figured thePsychology
Enrolled in their CAGS program and figured the scheduling would work well with my busy life. Unfortunately, only a select few of the instructors are involved in the teaching process. It's tragic to pay this amount for tuition to basically teach yourself everything. It's too bad that the school capitalizes on "Christianity" to lure in students because you feel like you are being robbed. The assignments are ridiculous at times and you wonder why you are doing them. I would never recommend this school to anyone! Save your money!