StudentsReview ™ :: Colorado Christian University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University

I find myself frequently asking "Am I still

Feb 07 2014Other
I find myself frequently asking "Am I still in High School?" More and more, I am convinced the answer is yes. CCU is essentially a high school masquerading as an institution of higher education. The classes are not challenging, and consist mostly of busy work. They do not require critical thinking, just mindless regurgitation of information. If a class does require critical thinking, you had better say what the professor wants to hear or you will receive a poor grade. My high school classes were more difficult and more interesting. Not only are the academics sub-par, but CCU is akin to a high school socially as well. There is endless drama. Roommate drama is out of control. If you and your roommate do not get along, they send you both to counseling instead of letting you switch rooms like a normal university. The girls are always complaining that the boys are not interested in them. (Which is true because there are two girls for every one boy, but that is beside the point.) The girls will compete with each other for male attention. They boys are frustrated that the girls will not leave them alone and frequently complain about all the "crazy women". People have little motivation and complain constantly. So, if you are up for another four years of high school, go to CCU. If not, do not go here.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Useful Schoolwork: F

I would strongly suggest that you would spend

Feb 04 2014Social Work
I would strongly suggest that you would spend a lot of time in prayer before committing to CCU. In my experience they rolled out the red carpet for student previews and promised the stars but once enrolled found administration and a good percentage of the faculty to be less than helpful in any area of life. In one instance when asking for help in the classroom I was told to go find a different school. Don't expect anything but trouble trying to get transcripts from them upon graduation either. CCU does not live up to its name and would much rather invest in new buildings than its alumni or students. It should by no means be a non-profit, and when half of the feedback on CCU is negative I would be skeptical. Again I would strongly suggest spending time in prayer and doing a good amount of research on other schools. There are a lot of Christian schools that are less expensive and I guarantee you will get the same education if not better and find administration and faculty that care a lot more.
Starting Job: Laborer Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

Is spoken of as a great school, but

Sep 28 2013Business - Management and Administration
Is spoken of as a great school, but after over a year here, I find myself asking my roommates "have you learned anything?" And all of our responses are "no...." The school claims to be ranked in the top 2%, but I have not been able to find this ranking anywhere after hours of searching. Multiple times I have registered for classes with a specific professor, been told I got into the class, and then at the last minute been switched into an entirely different class due to organizational problems and the overbooking of sections. I then either have professors with a mere undergraduate degree, or who have only ever taught online classes.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016