StudentsReview ™ :: Colorado College - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Colorado -- Denver, CO

Colorado College

CC is an amazing place

Mar 29 2014Language - French/Spanish/etc.
CC is an amazing place. I encountered some of the most interesting and accepting people that I have ever met in my life. The campus is in a beautiful place overlooking Pike's Peak. The weather in Colorado is gorgeous and therefore everyone always seemed to be in a great mood. The social life at CC is very inclusive and regardless of whether you are a "hippie" or not you will never feel excluded.

The block plan was intensive, but worked well for me. Professors were very invested in their students. I called all of my professors by their first name and many times was invited to their homes for dinner or breakfast. CC prides itself on this tradition of "breaking bread". It is a great way to get to know your professors on a deeper level along with other students in the class.

The block plan allows for students to fully immerse themselves in a class. Some classes, such as Geology classes, are able to go out in the field for extended periods of time allowing for hands on experience.I can't express how much my CC experience means to me. It was an incredibly valuable education.

4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+

Overall, I loved my experience at CC and

Oct 11 2013English
Overall, I loved my experience at CC and can't imagine having spent four years elsewhere.
The English department in particular was always helpful and approachable, the professors are incredible and truly enthusiastic about their subjects. I minored in Art and found the faculty in that department very knowledgable too. Most of my friends in Political Science/Economic fields seemed very content with their faculty. In my four years at CC the only class I took where I felt the professor did not know what she was talking about (at all) most of the time was a Bombay to Bollywood class.

The student body is not the most diverse, but as one of the few international students I did not find this to be a big deal personally. It's true everyone is into a 'hippie' culture and there is a lot of partying on campus, but there are plenty of activities for those who don't wish to partake in drugs/alcohol, particularly outdoorsy activities. The administration, however, was a complete disappointment. The deans do not particularly care about the students and will not try to help or support you if you should need it. As long as you are a full tuition paying student or on a sports team (hockey in particular) you can get away with murder. If you are on scholarship or aid, don't expect the school to help you in any matter. They couldn't care less.

4th Year Female -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D-
Jul 08 2013Economics

CC is the best-fit for anyone who wants to learn truly and live life to the fullest!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014