StudentsReview ™ :: The Colorado School of Mines - Comments and Student Experiences

The Colorado School of Mines

Mines was the best career decision I ever

Mar 26 2014Geography and Geosciences
Mines was the best career decision I ever made. It gave me a solid engineering foundation to solve any problem I encountered. It gave me a sense of accomplishment and pride in what I could do. It gave me professional credibility with every company that interviewed me. And it gave me lifelong friends and wonderful memories. And it was hard as hell for about 4.5 years of learning what it takes - in many ways - to be successful in life.
Starting Job: Senior Engineer Preparedness: A Reputation: A

Would do it over in a heart beat

Mar 16 2014Electrical Engineering
Would do it over in a heart beat. Colorado School of Mines was "torture" for 4 years as far as schooling goes, but I had a great time. BS if you go to this school and complain about the social life. It is what you make it to be. I drank, partied, had fun every day I was at this school- took a "spring break" right in the middle of the year. I maintain it is one of the toughest schools in the nation, and hate hearing a friend from another school that got an "A" without studying. I'd like to think I'm pretty smart, but CSM gave me hell. In the end if you don't like it get out; if you like it then good for you, you made the right choice!!!!
Starting Job: Engineer Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+
Jan 01 2014Animal Studies

i didn't care for the college

1st Year Male -- Class 2018