StudentsReview :: Colorado Technical University Online - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Technical University Online

When I first started here I was pleasedQuite BrightComputer Science
When I first started here I was pleased with most things; however, the longer I attended the less pleased I became. The online library is similar to doing an SQL Query, and if you don't know what that is then the library is completely useless. If you do know, it's still mostly useless. The classes fly by at 5 weeks per class, leaving you with just touching the tip of the subject. Some of the instructors are just terrible, with 2 "classes" called chat sessions each week, some instructors try to pack 3 hours of info into a 1 hour session, while others cut the session to 45 mins and give you 15 mins of useful info. I'm leaving this school ASAP before I waste anymore money. I originally liked them because at $58,000 all-inclusive for a BSIT it seemed like a good deal; sadly this is a case of "you get what you pay for."
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Friendliness: A-, Useful Schoolwork: D
I have had some serious concerns attending thisBrightCriminal
I have had some serious concerns attending this school and if I had not acquired too many credits to make transfer to another school objectionable, I would have. I switched majors from a counterterrorism based degree to a human services based degree a little more than half way through my education, but I was able to use some of my counterterrorism classes as electives in my human services degree. I thought that was awesome which is why I stayed. It turns out, that is a very terrible reason to have stayed.

I have several years field experience in my field of study and have gotten to that point in my career where a degree is necessary. It has been both a blessing and a curse. On the rare occasion when I have a professor who knows what they are doing in the field, the class goes by smoothly, I learn what I can, and we all move on. However, in the majority of the classes, I find myself correcting the professors in matters pertaining to both civil and criminal law, counseling, and human services. I do not normally mind correcting people as this has been my field for quite some time, but it is frustrating that the people I am correcting are the professors (who are teaching other people incorrect information) who have allegedly been in the field much longer than I have. Two professors admitted they were wrong but did nothing to address it in class. One professor admitted she was wrong and then failed me on the assignment that I proved her wrong on. And, the remaining professors have stated that what I am saying is correct without admitting that they are wrong. It is concerning that they are both in the profession that they are and that they are teaching people seeking to go into the profession. Not only that, but professors have not gotten back to me in a timely manner (some, I have emailed during the first week and not gotten a response until after the last day), staff when I call for assistance are generally not knowledgeable about helping me (I am often passed around to several departments, many of which are the same departments, until I am told that no one can help me), and I am regularly given incorrect information when I ask for help concerning FAFSA, self-payment, payment plans, changing my course schedule, or, when I got married, changing my name.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
Where to start? Well for starters the teachersBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Where to start? Well for starters the teachers use bullshit this assignment is going to be ongoing and half your grade for the term because I'm too lazy to think of a real assignment for half the term. Most of the faculty is unhelpful (if you hear from them at all) and the online library is a clusterfuck plain and simple. Combine that with a time difference, poor schedule planning for classes and setting the program being a mish mash of bullshit and frustration because the online campus only supports internet explorer causing needless delays crashes and in some cases assignments to not submit properly I would say if you can go to community college because this place is the worst school I have ever heard of.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018