StudentsReview :: Fort Lewis College - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, CO
Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO
Colorado College -- Colorado Springs, CO

Fort Lewis College

For starters, this school lies to you.Super BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
For starters, this school lies to you. They straight up lied to me about my scholarship and I ended up receiving way less than I was promised. They lied about the amount of "sky cash" you got and what areas you could use it in. They lied about the academics, and they lied about the health of the cafeteria/food provided. The cafe is extremely unappetizing. You have the options of eating something smothered in cheese, gravy, butter or high in carbs and fat. The freshman 15 is extremely hard to avoid because of the type of food they offer. The Rocket isn't a much better alternative, full of fried and fatty foods. Also, the fact that your only to-go option is to pay from your own pocket is ridiculous, as classes stack up. Then, if you ask for food to go, it's an up-charge. The cafe closes at 7 pm, which conflicts with some work schedules and resulted in me having to purchase most of my own dinners. Why did I even spend money on the meal plan if I could hardly ever use it due to the strange hours? I feel like this school is greedy and just tries to steal money from students in anyway they can, and newsflash college students are BROKE. I wasted my money thinking that I would get a proper education, when I can honestly say I haven't learned anything from the professors. Maybe they're educated, maybe not, but that transfer of knowledge was not evident and I feel like I'm in the same spot I was after leaving high school. The dorms also see a huge issue. Maintenance takes about a whole semester to actually get back to the order, resulting in an ENTIRE winter with my window broken, making it impossible to stay in my own room. The heat and air conditioning only works in some rooms and the tiny rooms are extremely sensitive to temperature change. The only positive thing that came from staying in the dorm was the relationships I made with the cleaning staff, as they were very friendly and actually cared about the students' wellbeing. Overall, I would never ever recommend attending FLC and I would talk anyone who was considering it out of that decision, as this is a terrible school.
1st Year Female -- Class 1921
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F
I thought Fort Lewis would be a beautifulQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I thought Fort Lewis would be a beautiful escape from typical colleges, but it is not even close to that. Maybe that is my fault for having such high expectations but a near $27,000 price tag gave much such expectations. People are mostly rude and stuck up, very entitled, and just generally not worth ones effort to acquire friends. Teachers are nice, but they are mostly USELESS, I feel like I have been completely cheated out of a useful year of education, I got teachers who lack substance and passion to actually teach, I got a cafeteria where they serve incredibly unhealthy and unappetizing food. There is a reason the meal plan comes with skybucks, because you are never gonna want to eat in the cafeteria. I am so incredibly disappointed in my experience at this college and I could never recommend this school to anyone in good faith. Want to have your time and money wasted on a year spent learning nothing and dealing with teachers who'd rather talk about themselves or past students than actually teach you? This place is right up your incredibly flawed alley. I am no genius and never had straight A's but my GPA has dropped here because the teachers refuse to actually teach you and instead spend class periods reading off slides and leaving you to essentially teach yourself. And don't you dare take an online class because the teacher will most likely assign work that requires you to go on campus anyways (what was the point of me taking an online class then?) And then when you have genuine scholastic questions they will refer you to an on campus resource instead of attempting to help you themselves (once again, what was the point of me taking an online class?). I have nearly nothing positive to say about this college besides the janitorial staff in my dorm being incredibly friendly and approachable, those guys rocked. Everything else about Fort Lewis College is terrible and lazy, this place flat out sucks.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Friendliness: B+, Useful Schoolwork: F
If you are not an entitled white personBright
If you are not an entitled white person who just wants to ski, don't go here. You are entering a moral and cultural wasteland. Town pasttimes: Drinking and smoking weed. If you are anticipating a wonderful time in the local outdoors, be prepared to deal with the local homeless problem as well. Don't anticipate receiving a valuable education either; the "fort leisure" mentality is alive and well.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019