StudentsReview :: The Metropolitan State College of Denver - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Colorado at Boulder -- Boulder, CO
Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, CO
University of Colorado -- Colorado Springs, CO

The Metropolitan State College of Denver

Mar 22 2014Unknown

Avoid the English department. They are sexist and a little racist too. Avoid Olmstead, Barcelo and Kuhn, especially.

MSU Denver is not a bad school

Feb 13 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
MSU Denver is not a bad school. It has helped me and is cheap and you get more bang for your buck. But, I must comment socially. Don't expect to make friends here. It and the whole Auraria campus is all commuter. I wouldn't want to stay on camps and the Regency housing if full of druggies. I have made no friends despite trying. The Women are bitches who think that you are trying to get into their pants and won't try to keep a conversation with you. I have had a few conversations where I thought I had really hit it off and the next week the girls act as if they didn't know me. The guys will think your gay if you trying to chill with them outside the campus. Everybody keeps to themselves and I have realized that I should do the same. All this is despite me being an introvert. Nobody is friendly. So again, don't plan on making friends unless you live on the campus.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Individual Value: F

Metro State 'University' is a degree mill that

Jun 10 2014Undecided
Metro State 'University' is a degree mill that is just out to get money from poor students regardless of whether it's ethical. I registered for a sociology class that was NOT LISTED as being off campus and somewhere else and when I went down on my first day to try and find it I talked to a lot of vaguely coherent people who kept passing me from one person to another when I showed them my schedule and asked them where I was supposed to go. Everyone was too dumb to know and rather than just go ask a supervisor for help, it was "I dunno, sorry." Finally I got a hold of someone not completely gone and they told me it was actually on a *different campus* than Auraria. So I went the following week to cancel my class and get my refund and they said "Oh you just missed the deadline, you have to PAY the thousand dollars for the class you're not taking and never set foot in once. I wrote an appeal and they denied it. Thanks for wasting my time and money and being generally incompetent, Metro. I'll have to rest assured in the knowledge that everyone thinks your school is an absolute joke.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018