StudentsReview :: The Metropolitan State College of Denver - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Colorado at Boulder -- Boulder, CO
Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, CO
University of Colorado -- Colorado Springs, CO

The Metropolitan State College of Denver

Please I'm begging you do not go here.Biology
Please I'm begging you do not go here. It's the worst school I have ever attended and I am transferring this fall because I can no longer stand being a part of this fucking awful community. It's not a college it's just a really expensive high school with a bunch of students who don't care being taught by a bunch of teachers that don't care. I am a smart girl and I am a biology major and really passionate about what I do. I had a professor change the syllabus on me during midterms and she put the test on the day of my academic honors ceremony and when I talked to her about it she said I didn't look smart enough to be in the honors program. She failed me. I had a class in a geography department, the class was full of 40 students and only 32 desks so I did not have a seat the whole semester. I tried to meet with an academic adviser but they were no help at all. I have made no friends on campus because this is a commuter school and no one is interested in becoming friends. My teacher came to a lecture hall one day high as a kite. I'M HERE TO LEARN and teachers just do not give a fuck at all. I have had absolutely no positive experiences here and I just cannot believe I wasted so much money on such a shitty school. Fuck Metro.
High quality education, faculty are academically capable, veAverage
High quality education, faculty are academically capable, very helpful no way to pass the exam without well preperation based on daily studying.The studying material are suitable to provide you all the information you need. I am studying Electrical Engineering and I found the time I am spending is worthy the academic level for Metro State is suitable to create the required experience to compete.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: D
Metro State 'University' is a degree mill thatQuite BrightUndecided
Metro State 'University' is a degree mill that is just out to get money from poor students regardless of whether it's ethical. I registered for a sociology class that was NOT LISTED as being off campus and somewhere else and when I went down on my first day to try and find it I talked to a lot of vaguely coherent people who kept passing me from one person to another when I showed them my schedule and asked them where I was supposed to go. Everyone was too dumb to know and rather than just go ask a supervisor for help, it was "I dunno, sorry." Finally I got a hold of someone not completely gone and they told me it was actually on a *different campus* than Auraria. So I went the following week to cancel my class and get my refund and they said "Oh you just missed the deadline, you have to PAY the thousand dollars for the class you're not taking and never set foot in once. I wrote an appeal and they denied it. Thanks for wasting my time and money and being generally incompetent, Metro. I'll have to rest assured in the knowledge that everyone thinks your school is an absolute joke.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2018