StudentsReview :: Colorado Mesa University - Comments and Student Experiences

Colorado Christian University -- Lakewood, CO

Colorado Mesa University

For Computer Science, Colorado Mesa is an awesome

Oct 23 2014Computer Science
For Computer Science, Colorado Mesa is an awesome place. Really easy to get to know the professors, and they will help you out whenever you need it. Just work hard and you'll do well here.

Only concern is that the CS isn't ABET accredited, which employers don't care about, but accreditation makes you feel a little better as a student.

They've got 3D printers!!!!!!!

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C

The university was taken over by a corrupt

Feb 18 2014Unknown
The university was taken over by a corrupt good ole boy network. The president is on a power trip. You'll get to enjoy things like commercials on television showing the good ole boys all hanging out together patting each other on the back. You'll also get to enjoy seeing the good ole boys' names on just about everything that could have a name placed on it. From the board of trustees to the president, there is corruption, thinly veiled nepotism and shady stuff going on behind the scenes. Construction of buildings is constant and viewed as progress by the community as the university and what it teaches slide further into the dark ages and into the realm of smoke and mirrors. This place is truly in need of some auditing. There are professors and such who care, but they tend to end up in battles with the administration. I sincerely recommend avoiding this place until things change.
Preparedness: C- Reputation: D

First semester is almost over, and I'm really

Oct 23 2014Physics
First semester is almost over, and I'm really glad I chose to go to Mesa, at least for the first year. Its definitely a wonderful school... The faculty really care about you if you are actively trying to learn the information. The low student to faculty ratio has really helped me through this first semester. Grand Junction is an incredible town. Tons of stuff to do... biking, skiing, hiking, base jumping, you name it.

Got to say my most challenging class has been Calc 2, and I think I'll pull a B in it, but maybe I can pull it up to an A.

The only concern is the isolation. Its a medium sized campus, so you don't have the worry of not making friends. Since I'm wanting to be an aerospace engineer, I need to be able to market myself, but there aren't too many high-tech jobs around Junction, so I may transfer over to CU Boulder to improve my prospects of getting a job.

Partying, there's too much of it. And that's everywhere. Its probably nowhere near as bad as Boulder, but there's a strange aura of drug culture around a lot of people. Then again, pot is "legal" in Colorado.

Overall, I'd rate my first semester as a 4.5/5 experience. I've been challenged by professors to actually learn the material, and I think that if you have the drive, you can do whatever you want. The .5 was just taken off for all the construction!

1st Year Male -- Class 2018