StudentsReview :: The University of Colorado Boulder - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Colorado Boulder

Great place to go

May 27 2014Electrical Engineering
Great place to go to school. College is about more than just the education. It is a time to grow as a person. In my 3 years at CU so far I have grown so much as a person. My professors are great, and there is no where in the world I would rather go to school.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C+

Grew up in Colorado, decided to go to

Apr 10 2014Finance
Grew up in Colorado, decided to go to the big state school but was INCREDIBLY disappointed. People have no interest to learn, classes are a waste of time and not challenging, and when you hear it's a party school realize that there are many ways to party. People blast dubstep, stand around, and don't do anything. There is no intellect among the students, and from my standards weak parties. I would not suggest going to CU Boulder if you want a quality educational experience and fun (I'm not 21 yet so the bars may be different)
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: F

This is a weed out school that is

Apr 04 2014Biology
This is a weed out school that is weeding out working professionals more than anybody. The the majority of the students body has parents who pay for everything so that they don't have to work. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, that is the market which the university caters towards. As a manager of a local shop, I have found it to be very difficult to be a student at this university. They do not offer many night classes in the sciences forcing me to take day classes. However the required exams are in the evenings and not on a consistent schedule so it has been very difficult for me to make a work schedule which I can keep consistent, which ends up stressing out my employees.

When the floods happened, i got flooded out. The university said that they would extend the drop/add deadline for flood students to decide if they could continue in their courses. When i decided i couldn't and tried to drop they informed me that only the add deadline had been extended and then charged me full price for the classes which i could not take. the dean sent out a very derogatory message to some (but not all) of the flood students saying that if they dropped the university would loose too much money.

Overall the administration spends more time grubbing for money (in so many terrible ways like recruiting a demographic of international students who pay more and are more likely to drop out ect.) than they do giving teachers training or resources. as a result the education is a mixed bag. I have not had success with any online courses and actual classes are unreliable. I will say though that every interaction I have had with the MCDB department has been amazing!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2018