StudentsReview :: The University of Colorado Boulder - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

The University of Colorado Boulder

Total Grad Surveys 7
Females 4
Males 3
Avg years at University 2.6
Research Quality B (6.8)
Research Availability C (4.6)
Research Funding C- (3.9)
Graduate Politics C (5.0)
Errand Runners C+ (5.7)
Degree Completion A- (8.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] C- (4.2)
Sufficient Pay C- (3.8)
Competitiveness B- (6.0)
Education Quality C (4.8)
Faculty Accessibility B- (5.8)
Useful Research B- (6.5)
"Individual" treatment B (6.7)
Friendliness B+ (7.8)
Safety A- (8.3)
Campus Beauty A (9.1)
Campus Maintenance B (6.8)
University Resource/spending B (7.1)
Extracurriculars A- (8.4)
Success-Understanding B- (6.5)
Surrounding City A- (8.3)
Social Life/Environment B+ (7.7)
Sufficient PayC-
Campus BeautyA

I am an online student at this university

Jan 22 2014Engineering Department
I am an online student at this university. I feel I was lied to a lot by administrative staff. I was told the program could be completed in less than 2 years. Sounded good - two classes per term times 3 terms a year = less than 2 years for 10 classes. But there is only one class offered in the summer term and it is the same class every summer. I was told to wait until fall to start, so two thirds of the first year were wasted waiting for fall. Then I was told to only take one class the first term. Then I was told there was another class required beyond the 10 in the degree program. Bottom line - after the lies, I am out 10% extra money that wasn't planned for, and it will take over three years to complete.Also not impressed by the educational quality so far. Quizzes always seem to have 5% lost because of poorly worded questions or multiple correct answers to choose from. Some classes are attended by large numbers of university employees that are not participating in this major - just auditing for free. I'm not sure how many real serious students are in the program.
Apr 01 2012Aerospace Engineering

I'm in love with Boulder

I was graduate student at Art & Art

Feb 18 2009Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
I was graduate student at Art & Art History department with emphasis in Integrated Art.
their principals did not reflect what they propose and offer. Integrated Arts needs to be ethically and academically evaluated.

I had some professional disagreement with my first adviser, George Rivera who became hostile and intolerant affecting negatively my self esteem after I legally decided to change advisers.

Professor Rivera is a very dictatorial person, he had no technical knowledge to evaluate my research neither wanted to admit it. He rather asked me to rewrite and produce a new body of work and research work according to his own hypothetical perspective.

I am glad I could continue with my innovative idea and conclude the superb project wit my second adviser who embraced and supported my thesis project. It bothers me to have professors like George Rivera in CU Boulder manipulating people according to his independent rules and power, which he historically is famous for.

Research Topic(s): MorphicLingua: Digital Interactive Installation

I thoroughly enjoyed my two years at CU

Jan 18 2009Electrical Engineering
I thoroughly enjoyed my two years at CU Boulder as a graduate student in Electrical Engineering. The classes and professors were amazing. I learned a great deal more than I ever expected. My goal with grad school was to get a higher paying job after graduation and the education I received at CU Boulder helped me accomplish that goal.