StudentsReview :: The University of Colorado - Denver - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Colorado State University -- Fort Collins, CO
University of Colorado at Boulder -- Boulder, CO

Total Grad Surveys 17
Females 9
Males 8
Avg years at University 3.9
Research Quality A- (8.5)
Research Availability A (9.0)
Research Funding A- (8.3)
Graduate Politics A (9.0)
Not Errand Runners A- (8.5)
Degree Completion A- (8.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] A (9.1)
Sufficient Pay A- (8.5)
Competitiveness A- (8.3)
Education Quality A (9.2)
Faculty Accessibility A- (8.3)
Useful Research A- (8.7)
"Individual" treatment A- (8.7)
Friendliness A- (8.3)
Safety B+ (8.0)
Campus Beauty A- (8.2)
Campus Maintenance B+ (7.9)
University Spending B+ (7.7)
Extracurriculars B+ (7.4)
Scholastic Success B+ (7.7)
Surrounding City A (9.5)
Social Life/ Environment B+ (7.8)
ExtracurricularsB+
Surrounding CityA
CU Denver's School of Public Affairs is aJul 10 2017Public Policy
CU Denver's School of Public Affairs is a travesty. I have absolutely no idea how it keep functioning or recruiting students - the only way it was able to fill our class was through subterfuge and lies. I attended with a specific focus in mind, the school informed me that my focus was completely in line with their current research (it was not), that I would be able to secure funding (I could not) and that I would have ample support for my work (I did not).

I can say, with complete honesty, I have never encountered worse professors in my life than at CU Denver. The quality of instruction was so unbelievably poor that I consider myself less informed on certain topics than when I originally started the program. Professors blatantly lied about easily confirmed facts, offered very little support, and it was rare to find any distinct guidelines for class completion. It was shocking and completely unprofessional.

When individuals complained to the administration, we were dismissed, insulted, and harassed until we dropped complaints. In one case I complained to my adviser that we had not received a syllabus by the 5th class. She told me that I was just being bitchy, I should lay off, and asked if I had eaten lunch yet. That was just one of numerous insults to my person and intellect that I experienced. I cannot express to you the level of regret that I have for attending this school. It was a waste of money, time, and intellect and I am counting the days until I can leave.

CU has been my worst college experience ever!!Aug 27 2012Nursing
CU has been my worst college experience ever!! The online class that I took was a waste of time and money. I didn't get ANY feedback from the instructor. I wasn't graded on any of my work. I did receive a final grade but no grades or feedback on any of my papers. The instructor wasn't involved in any of the discussions, she didn't respond to emails. The people in financial aid and Professional development department were rude and difficult to work with. I made several phone calls but no one returned any of my calls.
This was the worst college experience I everAug 15 2012Nursing
This was the worst college experience I ever had. The instructor didn't participate in the online classes. She would post confusing assignments and then ignored emails when students had questions. Dealing with Professional Development and Financial Aid Department was a complete nightmare. The women were rude and unprofessional. After they messed up my financial aid they threatened to turn me into a collection agency and charged me late fees. I wasted valuable time and money at this college. Don't make the same mistake I did.
I liked the architecture schoolAug 07 2012Architecture
I liked the architecture school. But if you're going to go to this school, be prepared to deal with the administration. And seriously be prepared for them to screw things up for you. The financial aid office is a joke. They will mess up your funding, be rude to you and treat you like a criminal trying to steal from the university. They will point blame at the bursars office, and the bursars office will point blame at them. Don't even ATTEMPT to get in state tuition. It will not happen. They lose money, and have been instructed to make your life extremely difficult if you attempt to go this route. Everyone I have dealt with that works for the university (other than teachers) is rude, lazy and unreachable (they do not return phone calls). I can't count the number of hours I have spent pulling my hair out, and everyone I know has the same opinion. Buyer beware!
I would strongly advise against the UCD CPCEMay 22 2012Psychology
I would strongly advise against the UCD CPCE program for a MA in counseling. There are plenty of accredited alternatives in and around Denver and the quality of UCD's program has significantly diminished over the past couple of years. There are so many problems with this program. I'm dissatisfied with the professors as many of them lack graduate school teaching experience, the program lacks structure, organization and student support. I recommend Regis U., UNC's Denver branch, DU or the U. of Phoenix over the University of Colorado at Denver.
I'm a graduate student at CU Denver atApr 13 2011PreMed and Medical
I'm a graduate student at CU Denver at the medical campus. So far it has been an excellent experience. The new campus is awesome and has world class facilities and top notch professors. I recommend that you consider CU Denver if you have the chance to attend this great school. Didn't attend the downtown campus but I've heard great things about it from fellow students who have attended.
Sep 08 2010Math
So far I've enjoyed my time at UCD. Great campus and friendly professors.
Very pleased with theOct 21 2009Business - Management and Administration
Very pleased with the Graduate School of Business at the University of Colorado Denver. Great faculty and awesome learning experience.
I applied to DU and CU Denver toMay 08 2009Business - Management and Administration
I applied to DU and CU Denver to get an MBA. I got into both but realized I couldn't afford DU. So I chose UCD. So far I like the graduate program here, most of the grad students here like me who work and go to school at the same time. By the end of this year there'll be a new building in downtown for the business school. It won't actually be in the Auraria Campus but next to the CU buildings on Lawrence St. Oh yeah, i came here for ungrad too.
May 03 2009Business - Management and Administration
If you're considering going back to school for a graduate degree. I highly recommend UCD. Great faculty and location.
Great new campus (AnschutzFeb 16 2009Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
Great new campus (Anschutz Medical Campus), excellent research, and the people (faculty, postdocs and students) are, for the most part, pretty awesome.
CU Denver is aJul 27 2005Architecture & Urban Planning Department
CU Denver is a great option for a working person wishing to get an advanced degree. It's no Harvard or Yale, but the overall quality of the education is very good.
Compare UColorado-DenverSave UColorado-Denver