StudentsReview :: The Western State College of Colorado - Comments and Student Experiences

The Western State College of Colorado

I love Western.BrightUndecided
I love Western. It is a nice alternative after attending Front Range Community College in Denver. I am originally from a small town so I enjoy Gunnison--the clean air, beautiful mountains and all the outdoorsy stuff to do. Not much of a night life here and I wish there were brew pubs with live music, but there are always drawbacks and the social scene is a good trade-off for a good education with a noncompetative student body, teachers that are easy going, lots of free time to relax and study, no traffic, and the beautiful scenery.Another plus is that students are nonjudgemental of each other. In the city, I saw too much rhetoric coming from instructors trying to shove an agenda down your throat with a "You're either for me or against me" attitude, which encouraged aggression and division amongst students. At Western, Professors don't talk about politics or social issues and instead focus on teaching students subject material relevant to the topic. It is nice that students don't feel the need to buy expensive clothes to fit in here. The other day a girl came to class wearing a pair of sweatpants with bleach stains on them, and no one cared at all. It is a truely a place, not to make an impression, but to learn.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: A-
Going to Western was a great experience.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Going to Western was a great experience. The people where extremely friendly and polite. At first I struggled in my classes but the one on one experience with the professors quickly adjusted that. Even during later years my profs from my first term would see me in the halls and talk to me about how I was doing. I played club Lacrosse and had a good time. You have to be outgoing to have fun here...if you sit in your room you aren't going to have fun (or meet girls). Speaking of girls not a whole lot, BUT if you have game you can find them. Overall I love Western, the education got me a good job (I make more money then my parents one year out of school). Don't take my word for it, tour the campus, read reviews and make an educated decision whether or not Western is the place for you.
Starting Job: Admissions Representative; Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+
Not a bad school,Not so brightArt & Design Department
Not a bad school, but there is no reason why one should choose this school over one that is closer to Denver or any type of civilization. The weather is depressing and the school and town had a very isolated feel. I hated it here, but someone else might enjoy it.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016