StudentsReview :: The Western State College of Colorado - Comments and Student Experiences

The Western State College of Colorado

Dec 07 2010Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
the school and social life is great however living in the dorms you will get scammed out of your money. The other day after returning from 3 hours of class and a lunch we get a knock on our door saying it smells like marijuana when we had been in our room for no more than 30 seconds, they intrude their way in our room saying it reeks when in reality it doesnt and it was our neighbors that were smoking. Tried to tell them that, they refused to listen and called the cops, soon we all got $130 tickets, they refused to check anywhere else and personally I believe they targeted our room simply because it is often people are in there however they would not listen to us and gave horrible attitudes. Agin social life is great, residence life faculty is awful!
Jul 15 2008Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Western provided a solid education. My professors knew their field and were accessible. I believe Western does an excellent job hiring great professors - my professors are part of my best memories from Western.

I also believe college is a very important time in our social lives. Western provides a very particular environment. It is a small town - very far away from any big city. Sports and being outdoors-ee are valued. There are things to do during the day - but during the night, options are limited. Drinking parties made me realize that diversity is low and patriarchy is high. It left a bad feeling in my stomach. However, doing outdoor sports or being involved in clubs during the day, made me feel involved and valuable. I had to be proactive to strike a balance - and it wasn't always easy to do.Overall, I am thankful for my education at Western but I realize I desired more from the social opportunities during this time of personal growth.

4th Year Female -- Class 2003
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: D+
Feb 11 2007Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This is a great school... you really need to apply yourself. For some people the town seems small and boring, but pick up a newspaper find out what is going on. Great college for outdoor recreation from mountain water sports. Many city/urban people have problems finding things to do around the city. The schools program are challenging especially if you take them all seriously.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2007