StudentsReview :: Eastern Connecticut State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Eastern Connecticut State University

After 4 years this is all I haveSuper BrilliantBusiness - Management and Administration
After 4 years this is all I have to say: FUCK EASTERN. THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES SHOULD BE IN PRISON. ILLEGAL SHIT HAPPENING HERE. UN-FUCKING-ETHICAL ABUSE OF THEIR ABILITY TO SIPHON MONEY FROM REAL PEOPLE. NO FUCKS GIVEN BY THEM, ALL AT OUR EXPENSE. WHAT A JOKE. DO NOT EVER PUT YOURSELF THROUGH THE DISPLEASURE OF SUFFERING THROUGH A COLLEGE CAREER HERE. LEARN NOTHING, PAY EXTRA CUZ THEY HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA HOW TO MAKE THIS GO SMOOTHLY FOR YOU. IT WILL GET TO THE POINT WHERE EVERY SECOND YOU SPEND AT THIS SCHOOL WILL FEEL STUPID, USELESS, AND ABOVE ALL: A BIG JOKE. DONE EVER WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO GET ANYTHING POSITIVE FROM THIS SCHOOL.
4th Year Male -- Class 2019
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F
This school is an absolute joke! The staffQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school is an absolute joke! The staff are borderline running a scam! Do not ever go here they'll make you regret it! It should be easy but thy make it hard, are self absorbed, could care less about you, and will screw you over endless times with a smile on their face because it only means more money and the sick satisfaction of ruining any hopes of just going through the program, simply, like you should be able to. Seriously, I don't know these people get away with doing what they do. Ive spent an extra $20,000 at least because of their incompetence at this school.
4th Year Male -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F
This school will screw you over regularly andNot so brightBusiness - Management and Administration
This school will screw you over regularly and will not care one bit. My college career took longer and was much more difficult to get through, almost exclusively because the people who are supposed to "help and guide you" have no idea what they're doing. On more occasions than should ever be considered acceptable, I was mislead on what classes I needed to take and wasted more of my time than I would care to think about. Teachers lost my work and lowered my grades by no fault of my own, and when I complained about that, they basically just said "well, sorry." I was forced to drop a class and insulted by a teacher because I let him know in advance that I would not be able to take a test until ONE DAY after the normal date. I've tried to take classes over the summer or winter sessions, only to have them cancelled 95% of the time. When you try to get your normal spot back in the Fall or Spring sessions of those classes, they are always full by the time they tell you the summer or winter one is cancelled, and teachers will frequently refuse to overload and let you in the course (even though it is well within their power to do so). Once I even directly asked a teacher, who refused to let me be the 26th person in a 25 person class, why he could not let me in. I said "Why cant you overload the course? I know the university lets you do so and no one else has done it yet." Of course, he did not have a good answer to this question seeing as there really isn't one. There is no real reason he couldn't do it, he just chose not to. Maybe because he's lazy or doesn't care? I didn't try to understand his reasoning as he never even responded to me. This shows he probably knew he was just being difficult, but I get no satisfaction from that, seeing how my schedule was still ruined by the fact that I needed that class and he made absolutely no effort to help me. Again, they've completely screwed you through no fault of your own, and when you try to get some kind of solution to the problem that THEY created, you get a simple "well, sorry." 95% of the teachers here are terrible. You can tell that THEY understand the material, but have absolutely no idea how to effectively convey it to you. I feel that the content in the classes I've taken is outrageously easy and I could've taught myself better than most of them have. I also feel that the ONLY reason I did not receive A's in every class I took is the teachers poor and almost careless efforts. They will frequently review what will be on the test, but when you actually go to take it, they will just decide to pull out random content you've never seen before. The faculty have even gotten so careless here as to label things wrong on the OFFICIAL WEBSITE. For instance, I took a class that the website said was a requirement for me. Only to find out after it was all said and done that the website had completely mislead me and I not only wasted a huge amount of my time on a pointless class that I never would've taken, but they would not give me the credit I hoped to fulfill even though the whole situation was clearly their fault. Again, they create a problem, and your stuck with the consequences. These self righteous people take no responsibility for their laughably unprofessional actions. I've had to ask multiple advisors on numerous occasions to even get them to explain something as simple as what class I need to take for what requirements. Each of them could most definitely give you a different answer, leaving you to figure what your ACTUALLY supposed to be doing. You would think with the crazy prices they charge for you to attend this school, you would be able to, at the very least, get a simple straight answer from someone. I have experienced some the most pathetic excuses for teaching, beyond what I thought was even possible at a real university, here. I'm not even sure how this is allowed, but certain teachers will go so far in their ignorance that they will not even allow you to miss class when you are legitimately sick, let alone when your not. They say 'there are no unexcused absences", so if you break your leg and cant leave the hospital for a couple days, say goodbye to about 5% of your total grade. Teachers are so bad in some cases, that when students are asked to give advice to teachers after they've taken their course, students quite seriously wrote: "Please, just teach something, anything." And you should just expect that at least half of your teachers will not speak English well AT ALL. I've had numerous professors that the school legitimately should never have hired because no one in the class can understand them and it affects our grades. Of course Eastern does not fire these teachers after such reviews, for reasons I will never know. In conclusion, my college career was hindered, in no small way, by the general incompetence of the staff and certain policies at Eastern. If I could just pay them the full amount to get a degree upfront and not have to deal with, and waste my time on, all the pointless classes and difficult people at this school, I most certainly would. I literally would probably learn more and been less frustrated by teaching myself on Google. That's how you end up finding most of the information anyway, seeing how most of the teachers are too incompetent to convey anything to you in a clear way. Overall, how would I describe Eastern? Its not like I've learned NOTHING here or completely wasted my time, but for 20,000$ a year and what your supposed to get out of college, Eastern is an absolute joke. If I felt the staff at Eastern, who really are just generally self righteous and ignorant, would listen to any of the advice I had for them, I would certainly give them feedback. But after getting basically ripped off for my money on numerous occasions, and directly, and futilely, telling them to fire teachers that clearly never should've been hired in the first place, I've realized that the school really could care less what you think. Do not ever go here with the expectation of a smooth college experience.

P.S. The president of this school is not right in the mind. I worked for her, never did anything wrong, and after a few months was randomly fired because of a "budget cut". It wasn't hard to figure out that this was a lie when they immediately hired 2 more people after I was let go. Turns out, as my other friends who worked for her told me, that she simply did not like me. As I said, I never did anything wrong and was probably actually one of the more competent workers there. She has since rehired another student, a girl who has already been fired from 3 other departments in the same building because, in the words of her coworkers: "she is too stupid to do anything, and doesn't do anything." Now, why exactly would the president of a university fire a competent worker and replace him with someone that should not have ANY job? Of course, its too easy, the president is friends with the girls father. Unethical doesn't even begin to describe this situation, and this is directly from the woman who runs the school. And take it from someone who's worked with her, this doesn't even scratch the surface of inappropriate things she's done in the past. All who know her will certainly attest to this.

P.S.S. The dorm faculty here are basically Nazis, even about things as small as you walking out of a friend's building without the person you know with you..? they are generally smug and reminded me somewhat of overbearing, irrational parents. Eastern is somehow #1 in the nation for drug and alcohol related arrests despite being a small school and they will not hesitate to not only get you in trouble for having fun, they'll involve the police and in most cases give very little leniency.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2018