StudentsReview ™ :: Fairfield University - Comments and Student Experiences

Villanova University -- Villanova, PA
Providence College -- Providence, RI

Fairfield University

Great disappointment: students are very homogeneous (private

Mar 06 2014Finance
Great disappointment: students are very homogeneous (private Catholic school background) and come from very coddled environments: because of this they cannot handle real world problems: constant backstabbing, distrust, ill talk of friends and many mentally unstable people.

The business program is a joke and not what it is cracked up to be. They vaunt well groomed businessmen, but no reputable finance firms want non Ivy students, and the other half do not even know of Fairfield. The career center talks entry jobs with grandeur, yet when the students are not accepted to them because of FAIRFIELD, the career center blames them for being incompetent. I am outgoing and have various bases of friends; however, my experience at Fairfield has been the absolute worst 4 years of my life.

4th Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: D+

This was a very great university for me

Jan 20 2014Engineering Department
This was a very great university for me. I was an average B student in high school, and was involved in some extra curricular activities but not that much, but when they saw me, my grades, and my SAT score, they were all good, they gave me a full scholarship. I enjoyed this a lot, all professors knew who I was, and helped me.
4th Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C+

I applied and made it into Fairfield University,

Sep 16 2013Political Science
I applied and made it into Fairfield University, Villanova University, Lehigh University, Fordham University, Boston College and Holy Cross.

I graduated in 1995 from Fairfield University and was deciding among four universities of the above at the time: (1) Fairfield University, (2) Boston College,(3) Villanova University and (4) Fordham University. I visited all four schools and the environment at Villanova was similar to that of Fairfield (both located in beautiful towns outside the major cities). BC was slightly different given its proximity to Boston and Fordham is in the middle of the Bronx (didn't mind that either). In the end, I chose Fairfield U. Looking back, I'm glad that I chose Fairfield U and would do so again. The social scene is fantastic having the ability to live at the beach or on-campus townhouses (which are beautiful compared to other schools) and education was great (very similar to that of all the aforementioned schools in my opinion). The student population at Fairfield is, again, very similar to the students that attend the other three schools. That said, I believe Fordham and BC are more diversified in their student population. In the end, I received a great education, enjoyed my experience socially and other students were terrific. Upon graduation, I was one of 40 selected amongst 5,000 candidates into one of the prestigious Wall Street management training programs. Fairfield is very well known on Wall Street as many Wall Street executives live in the area. I believe the nursing school is one of the best as well and very well respected in the NYC area. Bottom line, great school in which you will receive a terrific education (and have fun).

4th Year Male -- Class 1995