StudentsReview :: Manchester Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Beebe, AR

Manchester Community College

I returned to college after the last ofNot so brightPolitical Science
I returned to college after the last of my children completed his education. I have aggressively pursued courses that challenged me and teachers that inspirited students to want to learn more of a subject in which they taught. I took responsibility for my education and what I was looking for when I began this journey. The natural result is a GPA of 3.83 and a lot of positive experiences.

The student body is a mixture of all races and religions. The ages of students run the gamete. I have had classes with people as old as 72 and as young as 18. I have made great friends in each area of study I have employed. There are students who stayed after class to debate a point of concept in history or philosophy and it was exciting. Although I am not very good in art. I found help from other students and the teacher s at a moment's notice. My class became a very close knit bunch of people sharing the same goals. In the art's department you really do learn to build a better mouse trap.

I guess I am only writing because I checked out comments about Manchester Community on this site that could not go unchallenged. I am often at the college from 9 am til 9 pm I am handicapped and safe to come and go anywhere on campus without fear of being hurt or any misdeeds. Campus security is superior and I have had firsthand experience with their due diligence. The battery in my car died at 7pm I walked a few feet over to the campus help phone and someone answered in seconds. Security not only brought out a machine to recharge my battery, but did it for me.

Security was quick to respond, friendly and kind and geared to ensure I was safe to get home. I feel badly that someone at Manchester community college. Would attend this school and not notice that we have a Great Paths high school located and interacting in the heart of our school. It?s amazing that our security has worked with the staff of the high school instructors to keep those children 100% safe. There are no child abductions, harassment or god forbid rapes or unsafe intermingling with adults. The staff at Manchester is sharp on point and fully engaged. I would proudly endorse my granddaughter to attend the high school and college.

Manchester Community College is a microcosm of what our world should be. There are serious students like myself who are growing our academic standing. Along side students that just aren't getting it yet, but do not count them out. They are the stories of people that come back years later and actually pay out of pocket to recapture what they had not realized they had in their hand when they were first attended Manchester Community College.

In ending I would say, it's a wonderful school, with challenging academies were you are safe and no corner of the school is without care. The buildings are large and each classroom roomy. The only complaint I would express is those metal stools in the art's department that do not accommodate older of handicapped students. I graduate this spring and Manchester Community College has been one of the best experiences in my life

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013
Individual Value: A+, Education Quality: F
Manchester community college is a terrible place, theBrightOther
Manchester community college is a terrible place, the building is like a storage facility of broken dreams. I am a first year student who was hoping to transfer to UCONN after a year or two. However, i quickly realized how much the professors do not care. The faculty are down right horrid, unhelpful, and insulting. the classes are a joke and are a waste of time an money. I have heard zero positive things about any professors in this school with maybe one exception. The professors rarely teach and go on long personal stories or have discussions on unrelated topics. I cannot believe that the school allows such behaviors from "professionals" whose career is to educate. I have not had any issues with students or heard of any crazy incidents. The "police" do nothing, the school is perfect for stoners offering many paths and trials plus useless rent-a-cops. I find that the school is more of a place to smoke weed then learn. This school is a joke do not waste your time or money its a shame. I truly feel sorry for those who have limited options and wish you the best.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: B-, Education Quality: F
Postive Things--professors r good and very helpful nBrightUndecided
Postive Things--professors r good and very helpful n care abt their students and know what they r teaching, most r from Uconn or Univeristy Hartford and they r parttime so expect them not to be there..only certain times. The advisors in this school r good. One guy that works in the Couseling office is a complete dick and needs to get fired, hes like old and bald and really rude to students but all the others r good. My advisor is helping me out with everything and it's really helpful since im thinking of transferring...retards, douchebags, bitches, faggots, gays, whores, sluts, r all welcome

NEGATIVE-- its a community college so transfer as soon as possible unless u dont have money..college does provide a lot of courses but they r all low leveled..they dont challenge u like a college would but its a community college so...the professors r huge on attendance and they act like theyre college professors but they act like highschool teachers...they "spoonfeed" everyone, like really easy going on you...students dont tend to care and still act like immature highschoolers...i feel like i entered another highschool because of it coz all r black or puerto rican and stuff so they tend to just have that attitude of "whatever"...not really college students...I am doing well in my classes coz theres no competition between students...most don't care at all

Social Life and People-- People here are really nice and all but all r independent and stuff....no one really talks to each other and they have their own lives....hard to make friends...most kids r all black, teen moms or just fat so dont expect hot girls or any good guys if girls r searching for any....MY ADVICE-- go here for the first year if u don't get into any college then transfer to a real college....this college is good and the professors will reach out to u but student body and the environment sucks and is really depressing

1st Year Male -- Class 2015