StudentsReview ™ :: Southern Connecticut State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southern Connecticut State University

I don't have enough time to write a

Dec 30 2013Unknown
I don't have enough time to write a full review about how terrible this school is but I so have time to talk about the lack of professionalism in the bookstore. Southern's bookstore is a joke, scam, and a shame to the Southern Connecticut State University image. Full of trivial employees and managers milking students for what little money they have. My professor notified the bookstore that he would be using a different book than that on the bookstores records prior to the start of the semester. He asked them to let students know not to buy the required text for his consumer behavior class because a $200 text is outrageous. Apparently this went in one incompetent employees ear and out the other. When buying my textbooks they reassured me that a $200 paperback book was the new book my teacher wanted. Of course this was the wrong book and when I returned a couple weeks later to return it they told me I could not return my textbook without my teacher emailing them (which he did weeks prior to the semester)?!? In class the next week our professor got fed up with the lack of communication from the bookstore after his numerous emails that he stop class to call the bookstore himself. He called the bookstore and explained his students needed to return their books and he was still given an attitude from the employee on the other line. So a week later I figured I could finally return my textbook and I was told they received confirmation from my teacher but they were no longer excepting returns?!?! I ask to speaker to the manager and explained I just want to get the right text book. When the manager came over he just walked right past me and said "we're not excepting returns anymore" and continued to hide in his office. End of story is that I never ended being able to return my textbook and spent an additional $80 on the real textbook I needed. I know this review won't help to remove the people in power that need to be removed I just want to bring awareness to the scam southern is promoting in the lower level of the student center. I urge anyone reading this to avoid the bookstore at all costs no one has a clue what they are doing. PLEASE buy your textbooks online or else where if you want to pay fair prices and avoid rude customer service.

i am not a fan of this school

Dec 22 2013Anthropology
i am not a fan of this school. Some of the professors are unhelpful while others are not. A lot of the students are very stuck up and self absorbed. It is hard to meet people at this school as the relationships with them never last. I really suggest staying away from this school if you can especially since the surrounding city is very bad. Prices of supplies/books are double-triple the retail price! so buy your books online.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2017
Useful Schoolwork: C+, Education Quality: F

DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL

Dec 14 2013Unknown
DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. WILL COST YOUR MONEY AND GRADES AS A STUDENT DUE TO HOW UNORGANIZED THE FACULTY AND STAFF ARE. had to send transcripts 6 times until they stopped losing it! DONT TRANSFER IN!!! You are practically last to choose classes and to this day i have NOT been assigned an adviser! SOUTHERN IS A LAZY INCONVENIENT WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!! DO NOT INVEST!!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016