StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

I am a Junior at the University of

Nov 02 2013Psychology
I am a Junior at the University of Connecticut Storrs campus and I must say it is not what I had hoped for. I often wish I had gone to another college. It is a big party school, and that is really all anyone does. Thursday, Friday, and Saturdays of every single weekend are dedicated to parties. There is literally nothing else to do. Sponsored events are often poorly thought out and have low attendance rates. I find the classes are the only decent part. Most classes are interesting, and teach you a good deal. They seem to have intelligent faculty that really know what they're talking about, even if the do get snooty at times. The rest of the environment is not conductive to learning though. Outside the library it is hard to find a place to study, and even on the quite floors of the library noise can be a big problem. The dorms I've had have all been very small compared to other schools I've visited. The administration seems very set on packing us in like sardines and you feel that they only care about the money. The dorm buildings themselves are a hit or a miss. McMahon is carpeted, new, and cleaned regularly. West looks like an army barracks though and the showers make it so only one person can use them at a time. To be honest I wish I didn't go here. If you're smart enough to get into Uconn don't, it'll be the worst mistake of your life.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Collaboration/Competitive: A-, Individual Value: F

UConn is an okay school

Sep 06 2013Biology
UConn is an okay school. Half of the students are friendly, the other half give you dirty looks. Only a small percent of the faculty are helpful; a lot of them tend to seem very arrogant, and when I tried to ask for help in both classes and stores like the Co Op, they are very rude. Also, they messed up on my financial aid a lot and I had to spend 2 months trying to fix it. They charged me over $60,000 (when tuition for an out of state commuter is only $30,000) on my fee bill and then the next week returned all my financial aid because they dropped all my classes. When I finally got all my financial aid back and done, 2 weeks before classes started, they gave me a refund check of $1000 and then charged me $1200 on my fee bill, so I had to pay an extra $200 along with the refund check. I also couldn't add any classes because they did this. This was all a headache. I would prefer to go somewhere else.
Education Quality: B+, Individual Value: F

I love uconn! Great

Aug 04 2013Economics
I love uconn! Great party life and a ton to do on campus. So much construction and growth going on on campus! Definitely couldn't ever go anywhere else.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015