StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

UConn is a terrible school

Mar 07 2005Unknown
UConn is a terrible school. The only thing people do here is drink and sleep around. A lot (not all) of the people are the same - upper middle-class snobs who have no appreciation for anything they have. The few people who have a brain here are worth getting to know however. A number of the teachers I had here did not seem to really care about the students that much. It's also irritating that the bathrooms are always totally trashed and the campus is usually a mess. The food is bad and the administration seems to be full of hypocrisy. Definitely a waste of your time and money. UConn will not expose you to new kinds of people or new perspectives on anything.
1st Year Male -- Class 2007
Useful Schoolwork: B, Surrounding City: F

UConn is like every university

Jan 31 2005Sociology
UConn is like every university. It has its ups and downs. First, the ups. The academic facilities are getting much better. There are still a few buildings that are about as old as the school (founded in 1881) but there are many buildings on campus less than 10 years old and are beautiful and high-tech. There isn't much to say about the sports except 2004 dual national champions. The dorms are okay, depending on where you live. Some are beautiful (I call mine the Marriott) while some are just disgusting. Now some downers. The campus is in the middle of nowhere. It's pretty, don't get me wrong, but you need to drive at least 20-30 minutes to see some kind of sign of decent civilization. That being said, the weekends can be boring, unless all you want to do is get drunk. In addition, the school is very big. While that is great for some students, I feel like a number here. But that is a personal preference.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007
Collaboration/Competitive: B, Surrounding City: F

I really can't complain about UConn that much

Dec 23 2004Electrical Engineering
I really can't complain about UConn that much. I get to go here for basically free, I'm in the Connecticut Air National Guard which gets me free tuition and GI Bill payments which cover my room and board. It is heads and tails above any of the other CT state schools and supposedly the best state school in New England. The campus is alright, the experience is rather bland and being out in the middle of nowhere means I ditch the place on the weekends. I don't really care though, I'm not in college for the "college experience", I'm here to get my BSEE and get a job out in the real world that pays a decent salary.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006