StudentsReview :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

I really can't complain about UConn that much

Dec 23 2004Electrical Engineering
I really can't complain about UConn that much. I get to go here for basically free, I'm in the Connecticut Air National Guard which gets me free tuition and GI Bill payments which cover my room and board. It is heads and tails above any of the other CT state schools and supposedly the best state school in New England. The campus is alright, the experience is rather bland and being out in the middle of nowhere means I ditch the place on the weekends. I don't really care though, I'm not in college for the "college experience", I'm here to get my BSEE and get a job out in the real world that pays a decent salary.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006
Campus Aesthetics: A, Individual Value: C

What a waste of

Dec 10 2004Engineering Department
What a waste of other people's money. Sure basketball, partying and drinking are top notch but the weekends are dull when there are no partys.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2005
Social Life: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

UConn is like every university

Jan 31 2005Sociology
UConn is like every university. It has its ups and downs. First, the ups. The academic facilities are getting much better. There are still a few buildings that are about as old as the school (founded in 1881) but there are many buildings on campus less than 10 years old and are beautiful and high-tech. There isn't much to say about the sports except 2004 dual national champions. The dorms are okay, depending on where you live. Some are beautiful (I call mine the Marriott) while some are just disgusting. Now some downers. The campus is in the middle of nowhere. It's pretty, don't get me wrong, but you need to drive at least 20-30 minutes to see some kind of sign of decent civilization. That being said, the weekends can be boring, unless all you want to do is get drunk. In addition, the school is very big. While that is great for some students, I feel like a number here. But that is a personal preference.
1st Year Female -- Class 2007