StudentsReview :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

I love uconn! Great

Aug 04 2013Economics
I love uconn! Great party life and a ton to do on campus. So much construction and growth going on on campus! Definitely couldn't ever go anywhere else.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: A-

If you go to UCONN make sure you

May 07 2013Unknown
If you go to UCONN make sure you know your requirements because the university will gladly not tell you. They incurred a shortage of classes while registering for my senior year classes and as a result I had to take classes that didn't fulfill requirements and now the university is forcing me to stay and extra term and pay for it even though I have met all core requirements for my degree.

UConn is an okay school

Sep 06 2013Biology
UConn is an okay school. Half of the students are friendly, the other half give you dirty looks. Only a small percent of the faculty are helpful; a lot of them tend to seem very arrogant, and when I tried to ask for help in both classes and stores like the Co Op, they are very rude. Also, they messed up on my financial aid a lot and I had to spend 2 months trying to fix it. They charged me over $60,000 (when tuition for an out of state commuter is only $30,000) on my fee bill and then the next week returned all my financial aid because they dropped all my classes. When I finally got all my financial aid back and done, 2 weeks before classes started, they gave me a refund check of $1000 and then charged me $1200 on my fee bill, so I had to pay an extra $200 along with the refund check. I also couldn't add any classes because they did this. This was all a headache. I would prefer to go somewhere else.
Education Quality: B+, Individual Value: F