StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

If you go to UCONN make sure you

May 07 2013Unknown
If you go to UCONN make sure you know your requirements because the university will gladly not tell you. They incurred a shortage of classes while registering for my senior year classes and as a result I had to take classes that didn't fulfill requirements and now the university is forcing me to stay and extra term and pay for it even though I have met all core requirements for my degree.

I feel that my education at UConn prepped

May 03 2013PreMed and Medical
I feel that my education at UConn prepped me well for medical school which I am now finishing. While it was sometimes hard to get needed classes, with good planning, and a little patience it always ended well. The GenEd's are great because they expose you to things you would never be exposed to otherwise, and that is what college is for afterall. I would and do recommend UConn to everybody.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A, Surrounding City: C

The housing process through ResLife is horrendous

Apr 26 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
The housing process through ResLife is horrendous. They do nothing to accommodate their older students. I am a 31 year old gay male student and was placed in a housing lottery that paired me in a room next semester with a 17 year old gay male. They CLAIM they cannot match based on age because it would be discrimination, however they WILL for Veterans?
1st Year Male -- Class 2016