StudentsReview :: The University of Connecticut - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Connecticut

There is so many

Dec 26 2012PreMed and Medical
There is so many extra-curricular activities to do and to meet more and more people. UConn Huskies are some of the finest people that you'll ever meet. Just walking through campus will give you sense of belonging. I am proud that I get to experience 4 years of my life here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: D

Great education at an even better price/value when

Sep 30 2012Biology
Great education at an even better price/value when compared to the skyrocketing prices of other universities. Provides good academic reputation which helps very much with post-graduate work and job searches. Campus in nice and well designed, new buildings popping up every year, while old ones are renovated/replaced with age. Cons include a very strict University Policy on partying and mass gatherings of late which used to be UConn traditions for decades (yet partying is still abundant, but more controlled). University Police presence is becoming absurd and overbearing, all part of the new "academic" path the university is heading towards.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Extracurricular Activities: A, Surrounding City: C

I graduated from UConn almost 6 years ago,

Oct 10 2012English
I graduated from UConn almost 6 years ago, and I still don't have a bad thing to say about them. Of course there were annoyances and struggles within the campus, with professors, with roommate situations, but it wouldn't be college if those weren't expected.

What I received from UConn was an amazing college experience filled with years of memories always to be remembered. Social life aside, the academics all have great programs. Most advisers are there to help at all moments, and there is something for everyone.

Most of my close friends went out of state for college, but I don't regret my decision at all. I went to a great school, and in most cases my degree holds more prestige than those who achieved theirs elsewhere. Going to UConn was the best decision I made, and I will always recommend it. And another great pro; the campus has tons of activities to get involved in. Plus their sports teams aren't terrible, so going to off campus games were always a blast.

Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F