StudentsReview :: Yale University - Comments and Student Experiences

Princeton University -- Princeton, NJ

Yale University

Absolutely love Yale! I feel like a princess

Feb 18 2014Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
Absolutely love Yale! I feel like a princess in a big castle here! Classes require a lot of thought and people here are very intellectual. Professors inculcate a lot in students!I love it because you learn so much from the people, and the environment. There's always something to do even if you don't want to admit it. Go Bulldogs!
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B-

Seriously, I did not realize it until I

Nov 26 2013Biology
Seriously, I did not realize it until I graduated, but that was the most incredible four years I think I'll ever have and most people by far could ever have. And talking to fellow alums, we all have left Yale feeling the same way. Just being like, "Wow, that just happened. That was nuts." I wouldn't trade my life as a Yale student with the Queen of England. It's truly a ridiculous experience. Just remember to capitalize on it.
4th Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Scholastic Success: A

Yale has been a truly wonderful experience for

Sep 08 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Yale has been a truly wonderful experience for me. One thing it took me a while to realize is that the MOST important thing at Yale is not your grades or your classes, but the activities you participate in and the connections you make. Everybody who gets in is intelligent and can work hard to get mostly A grades. What differentiates the truly successful from the average successful Yale student has to do with who makes friends and who gets to know their instructors. Yale has a lot of opportunities to "hang out" with your professors at on-campus clubs, out-of-class programs, at lunch, etc. Make use of these! Go to Mory's with a prof, join clubs and societies, and so on. Coming from a public school background, I didn't do much of this at first and I found it intimidating. But now, my closest friends are from the groups I joined, where I was accepted right away. DO go out for drinks when the people in your college invite you. DO sacrifice one more late night on a paper in favor of one more late night of debate or writing for the school paper or something else. That's where the real life opportunities come from at Yale. And it's much more fun than you realize at first. In ten years nobody will remember if you got a B or an A- in that history class you took, but meanwhile Jed from the YPU will remember you as his friend and will offer you a job working for Congress. It's only worth coming to Yale if you're willing to play that game. It took me a while to be comfortable doing so, but I'm really glad I did!
4th Year Female -- Class 2012