StudentsReview ™ :: The University of Alberta - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Alberta

Lousy faculty of arts advisor who yelled at

Jan 21 2014Undecided
Lousy faculty of arts advisor who yelled at me and was rude because I was referred to them by my department advisor? She made it very clear that I was wasting her time. I never want to talk to see her ever again. She represents the faculty of arts advisors, so I feel the faculty of arts advisors are unfriendly and unhelpful. To save money the university should simply not hire any faculty advisors, after all we can all refer to the calendar.

Professors so far carry a very condescending air, specifically department of human geography and planning.

Students are not very tolerant or respectful to visible minorities.
A+ for fun - night-life & drinking, things that do not really help academically. Cold and unfriendly university.

Coming from the US, I never thought I

Dec 11 2013Biology
Coming from the US, I never thought I would feel culturally isolated in Canada. Although I do from time to time, more than anything I've felt my differences embraced by the people I have met here. The campus is insanely fun to explore, and despite the winters being a little too intense for my liking, it's catered to with seemingly endless indoor walkways.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, Individual Value: C-
Jul 11 2013Math

Don't go here!!! This is the worst university ever!!!

Whittier College (CA) 1:negative