StudentsReview :: Glendon College - Comments and Student Experiences

Glendon College (Canada)

The campus itself, in terms of the staffAveragePolitical Science
The campus itself, in terms of the staff and the aesthetic, is nice. The staff can be very helpful if you seek out this help. The campus is surrounded with greenery, lots of trees, open green space, flora, etc. However, the student community, as well as the way the courses are organised, are not pleasant. Students here are often snobby, they stick to cliques, there are no walk-in spaces for students to simply meet other students, share interests, etc. I've been here for many years and I've never made any real friends. There are nice people in this campus, but they're hard to find.
3rd Year Female -- Class 1920
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: F
I can't stand this school.Quite BrightLanguage - French/Spanish/etc.
I can't stand this school. It's high school all over again. People are arrogant but put on this front like we're York's "friendly" campus. People and clubs are extremely exclusive and the inside of the school is just laughable. They like to show you the manor and the rose garden but don't like showing you the upper and lower floor of the library, the disgusting cafeteria and the poorly-managed residence buildings. I will admit that I've had about three really amazing professors who have really influenced me, but I've had many that were quite the opposite.
2nd Year Female -- Class 1920
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Faculty Accessibility: F
This particular college at York University is averageQuite BrightEnglish
This particular college at York University is average at best. I personally prefer more traditional-looking architecture and am not entirely fond of it's main building looking like a glass cube. I enjoy the various opportunities to combine different majors together such as a double major in Psychology and another Humanities major--which isn't available in most other Universities because Psychology is usually a Bsc not a BA. I also like how you can graduate with a bilingual or trilingual degree or even an international bi/triliungual BA/Bsc. I wish there were more programs available at Glendon and that the classes and hallways didn't look so "high school-y." The overall campus is beautiful, especially in the summer, and I enjoy exploring the Eglinton area. The Profs are not the best so far in my opinion. I wish the college would look more like a college and less like a high school. I also wish the cafeteria had better food and the workers could be more competent in preparing the food. I like that there is a shuttle bus to the Keele campus where you may also take classes. Overall, it isn't the best University, but I like all the opportunities it provides.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019