StudentsReview :: The University of Guelph-Humber College - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Guelph-Humber College (Canada)

I was a part of the first graduating

Jul 09 2014Business - Management and Administration
I was a part of the first graduating class of GH in business and i have done well for myself. I obtained a job in my current field prior to graduation and i am now in management.

My advice is that the diploma from Humber and Degree from Guelph are an asset in the work force now. Most employers want both.

The school is clean and i still use it to study sometimes when i am taking insurance courses.
Anyways... Its a good school for the real world.

Starting Job: Claims Adjuster Preparedness: C Reputation: F

I'm a fourth-year student about to graduate from

Mar 04 2013Communications
I'm a fourth-year student about to graduate from GH's Media Studies program. Guelph-Humber is the biggest ripoff institution you will EVER attend. It's pretty much a scam. They advertise that they'll give you both practical and theoretical experience--it's a lie! The only practical experience I got was through my internship that I got on my own time. My suggestion to you is this: IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING THIS PROGRAM, BUT HAVE AN OFFER ELSEWHERE, RUNNNN TO THAT OTHER SCHOOL. DO NOT COME TO GUELPH-HUMBER. I wish someone could've told me this prior to attending the "university". It's really a piece of crap, with an awful program head too.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

This is an incredible institution that gives students

Dec 23 2012Kinesiology
This is an incredible institution that gives students the ability to succeed during school, and once they graduate. They offer placements that most universities don't and the class atmosphere of a low teacher-student ratio makes such a big difference in the way you learn.

I would highly recommend this university to any who contemplate itNOTE: although it is a fairly new university, every institution young in age goes through its problems but students from this university have a high completion and graduation rate, as well as positive results after graduation such as securing jobs or going on to further education- related to their degrees

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014