StudentsReview :: The University of Guelph-Humber College - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of Guelph-Humber College (Canada)

I'm a fourth-year student about to graduate from

Mar 04 2013Communications
I'm a fourth-year student about to graduate from GH's Media Studies program. Guelph-Humber is the biggest ripoff institution you will EVER attend. It's pretty much a scam. They advertise that they'll give you both practical and theoretical experience--it's a lie! The only practical experience I got was through my internship that I got on my own time. My suggestion to you is this: IF YOU'RE CONSIDERING THIS PROGRAM, BUT HAVE AN OFFER ELSEWHERE, RUNNNN TO THAT OTHER SCHOOL. DO NOT COME TO GUELPH-HUMBER. I wish someone could've told me this prior to attending the "university". It's really a piece of crap, with an awful program head too.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

The OSAP and Admin

Nov 01 2012Business - Management and Administration
The OSAP and Admin staffs are horrible. They hire students from the school, who don't know how to respect your privacy. Worst school ever.

I don't recommend any to attend Guelph-Humber

Nov 10 2012Business - Management and Administration
I don't recommend any to attend Guelph-Humber. This university is a waste of your time. The staffs are rude. I had to wait a long time to graduate because course are not offered every semester. They change the course offerings too many times to confuse you. They have too many day course and not enough evening courses, not do they have too many sections. They don't accomodate for studentsthat are working and attending school. The staffs are horrible and they hire too many internal students that have access to your privacy. The program advisors are super slow. The process your request after a long time and you wonder what the wait is for a small university. Sometimes they lose your information and don't follow-up in a timely manner and blame it on you. This one time I requested to enter a course and the advisor did not look at my request on time. After the course was full, I followed up again and the advisor said, well too bad the course is full now. Mean while I sent the request months in advance. The advisor lost my request durin that period and eventually found it, which was te reason for the delay, but they wouldn't let me in, because of their lack of ignorance. Horrible school. You might as well just go to UOfT, even they have faster service than GH.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F