StudentsReview :: The Catholic University of America - Comments and Student Experiences

American University -- Washington, DC

The Catholic University of America

I was enrolled in the Catholic University so ignore the CBrightSocial Work
I was enrolled in the Catholic University so ignore the Campus assessments as well the Social assessment. I simple think that the online program had many glitches with the program had to call support constantly so that was a plus, because you need it. do to breaking into groups of four in the online program a student may find themselves with no interaction to their post from classmates or professors. which give you a summary at the end of the week. so you find out after the week whether you are right or wrong.

Yes, Catholic will walk you through the enrollment process but once you are in you are a number and a statistic. I am so glad that I realized this was not the learning environment for me I like teacher interaction. I think for the cost and debt you are taking on you would do much better at another university that has the technology and live on hand support instead of constantly hearing the administrator is away from their desk leave your name and student ID and we will get back to you. Sorry but for what students pay for this University that is just unacceptable. Ask about the class size in the online University four students to interact with leads to someone being left out because you are only required to respond to two people. This may work for you, then give Catholic a try and I wish you the best, but for me it was the worst.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Innovation: C, Education Quality: F
I love Catholic so much! There is soQuite BrightEngineering Department
I love Catholic so much! There is so much to do and so much to see! We take pride in our name (emphasis on THE in The Catholic University of America). However, the tuition is expensive, but they do give a lot of merit scholarship and financial aid. This school isn't big, any building (except the Dufour) is within a 10-15 minute walk. The metro stop (Brookland-CUA) is across the street and easily accessible. Brookland is scary at night and there are occasional issues with small crimes in the area, so just be smart and don't go out alone at night. The faculty are super nice and actually take the time to get to know you (just talk to your professors; they love to talk to students). Classes aren't too difficult. As Biomedical Engineering major I didn't feel overwhelmed. The faculty want you to succeed and will not try to weed out people. They all believe that their students can do well. The dormitories are pretty average and are uni-sex. Guys aren't allowed in a girls dorm past 12am on weekdays and 2am on weekends and vice versa. The (pryz) food here is repetitive, but living in DC makes it so much better (Chinatown or Union Station is only a few stops away). The people here are super nice, but a little snooty. Most students went to a private catholic school. Even still, almost all the students are genuinely friendly and will say hello or smile. The diversity at CUA is growing, but is predominately white. The social scene (parties) does happen, but usually not on campus... The athletics here are average. Despite the name, the people here do not pressure you or anyone about becoming or not being Catholic. Although sometimes they have a hard time accepting some views (LBGT, abortion, etc.), you must understand that it is THE Catholic University of America. I am not Catholic and although people do converse and talk about it, they are understanding and respectful of opposing views.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: A-
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL! This isBrightPreLaw and Legal
DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL! This is a school where only the kids of lawyers or doctors come to. All the people here are very stuck up and will only talk to you if they have no one else to talk to. Apart from that, the tuition is ridicules. For that price I could have gone to Georgetown instead. Also this is a school that does not cover all your financial need, and they will only tell you that when you are already at the school forcing you to pay them what you can't afford. The school is really small and there is nothing to do during the day or night. And if you want to get robbed, then go ahead and go out during the night. Don't get me wrong the city is amazing and I love it, but I just hate this school. Worst decision of my life to come here for college. If you are planning on applying or transferring here, please don't make that mistake as I had. The parties are not that great. I learned my lesson from this school and am transferring out of here next semester.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018