StudentsReview ™ :: Gallaudet University - Comments and Student Experiences

American University -- Washington, DC
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC

Gallaudet University

I enjoy a challenge, and when I decided

Apr 29 2011Psychology
I enjoy a challenge, and when I decided to attend Gallaudet, I knew no American Sign Language. I felt very accepted, and I enjoy the diversity. My classes are small which allow professors to get to know you. Like everywhere, if the professors see your interest and commitment, they will go the extra mile for you. My major is psychology, and the faculty help you understand research and support your effort to do your own research. The Psychology Department is a warm and friendly place with very engaged and committed teachers. I honestly belive that some people show up here expecting and easy ride, and when they realize that is not as easy as they thought, the talk negatively about the university. I will send my children here. I have been able to get work experience through my internship placement and the support I got from the department. Moreover, I was able to travel to Costa Rica to learn about other deaf cultures. What a wonderful opportunity!!! I hope no prospective student decide not to attend because they have read the foolishness some people have written.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Friendliness: B+

Gallaudet University is one-of-a-kind university for the dea

Apr 23 2010Accounting
Gallaudet University is one-of-a-kind university for the deaf. Look at this, it is only one deaf program in the WORLD that serves Liberal Arts for the deaf. This university is like the ivy league for the deaf because only the few and the proud are selected to experience a rich tradition at Gallaudet. It is my second year at Gallaudet and I am so glad that i am a student at Gallaudet University.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C+

Gallaudet is awesome, sure there are some problems

Mar 03 2005English
Gallaudet is awesome, sure there are some problems but what University does not? I've had so many opportunities avaliable to me that I have had to turn a few down. I've met quit a few authors on campus, Gregory Maguire, Mark Kurlansky, and Stephen Pinker to name a few. As an English major interested in writing that is nothing short of awesome. the faculty in the english department are exceptional and eagerly offer students opportunities to get a leg up. As a writer of poetry, one prof e-mailed another prof at a college in NY to help me get a scholarship opportunity for a two week poetry course taught by Robert Pinsky with Charles Simic as a visiting poet. How awesome is that? (Sorry, thats my English nerd taking over). I've been to 6 National or Regional Collegiate Honors Conferences and presented in four of them. All Six trips have been at no cost to me. Gallaudet is nothing short of awesome, there are students that sit around and want everything handed to them on a platter. But, if you are one of those proactive students, Gallaudet is where you want to be.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2006