StudentsReview ™ :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

GW is very overpriced without making sense, facilities

Jan 05 2005Economics
GW is very overpriced without making sense, facilities are extremely lousy, especially the dorms, and the library. The administration is unorganized, they confuse peoples records an example, by giving your personal info...to others. It's not a competative school for bright students. Also the rich and wealthy students are INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND NOT AMERICANS, AND THEY MAKE UP THE 95% OF THE RICH STUDENTS AT GW. Most American students are on scholarships or financial aid. Overall I would not recommed this school to students looking for a good education.

I am a freshman in the Elliott School

Dec 30 2004Political Science
I am a freshman in the Elliott School and I just wanted to share some of my thoughts on my experience so far. There is absolutely no community feeling here and no unity within my school, my class, even my dorm (which is supposedly one of the smaller ones). People here are not creative, they are generally trendy and uninteresting, they are also very career-minded rather than interested in getting a good education. I have found that the general sentiment is that everyone's here to party and make sure that they can make a lot of money when they're older. You can use the city and all the amazing things it has to offer to supplement your education at GW, but why pay the enormous tuition just to live in DC?
1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Surrounding City: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F

I was pretty dissapointed seeing as GW was

Dec 07 2004Political Science
I was pretty dissapointed seeing as GW was my top choice and seemed like the perfect fit. In reality, it is everything I DONT want in a school. The student body: Arrogant, snobby, jappy rich New Yorkers. Sure, you can find great friends and people here, but the majority of the students are unfriendly and self centered. Oh, and girls beware: there are no good looking, nice boys here! And I'm not joking!The academics: Decent classes, but not as challenging as I had expected. Easy to slack your way through. The food: I thought the non traditional dining system was appealing at first, but its actually a nightmare. There are no cafeterias. All the food is expensive, and it's easy to run out of your Gworld cash quickly. There is very little school spirit. Everyone is very independent. The night life gets boring, because everyone always goes to the same clubs. There is nothing to do besides clubbing, because Greeks can't throw parties in their houses. GW keeps getting more and more popular, but I don't think it's cracked up to be as good as they say. The city offers a lot of opportunities, but it's not enough to make me want to stay here. I'm transfering next year.
1st Year Female -- Class 2008