StudentsReview :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

I am about to be a Jr.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I am about to be a Jr. at GW and I wish I had more than just 2 years left.
Going to GW was probably the best decision I ever made, I love my school, the people I have met, and living in DC.

GW is really the only school that is truly IN DC.
The campus is 6 square block of GW-only buildings and surrounded by the Department of the Interior, The World Bank, Watergate and The K St. Law Offices. Campus is 2 blocks from The White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall. I go running around the Lincoln Memorial and Monument everyday.

I go out to bars in Georgetown on the weekends, and to dinner with my friends at Zagat's top rated restaurants. I was in the sea of people at the National Mall for Obama's inauguration and have listened to Hilary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Al Gore and Ted Kennedy speak at campus panel events. I play soccer on the fields adjacent to the Lincoln Memorial, and some of my professors join us for 5pm pick up games. I go out to clubs on Saturdays where the Washington Redskins players buy tables, and take a bus to New York City with my friends on some long weekends.

I have interned at Merrill Lynch, World Wildlife Fund and the International Monetary Fund, each for a semester, and I just finished my Sophomore year.

This fall I will be spending the year at The London School of Economics, a program that I was accepted into because of recommendations from my professors that genuinely want me to succeed.

Many of my close friends are from other countries in Europe and around the world, but are all genuine, good people. One of my professors is an International Finance consultant for CNN, and another is the former FBI Research Director.

I am involved on campus in a professional fraternity and with the admissions office giving tours to prospective students. I also wrote for our student newspaper, The Hatchet and am making connections that will help me immensely after graduation.

I don't think that my college experience could get any better, and I am so happy that I picked GW, I simply love going to school in DC and with such a diverse group of students.

Sure there are some other students that I have no interest in being friends with, some that are snobby or bratty, dramatic or malicious. But for every person like that, there are 3 people that are friendly, kind and interesting. GW is also an incredibly bureaucratic school that has a lot of "red tape" and could use a unification consultant, but those short frustrations are something that I don't mind dealing with, because of how great everything else is.

I am a business school student, and while I find my classes very challenging, and the career services in the business school to be great, I have heard that other schools have lower quality resources and a lot of blow-off classes in their curriculum.

GW does a great job updating buildings and designing great housing, our dorms are like palaces and our academic buildings are state of the art.

The one thing that no other school can beat: GW's location, right in the heart of DC. I never want to leave!

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Scholastic Success: A-
There are some very snooty, stuck up peopleBrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
There are some very snooty, stuck up people at the school, but for the most part, people are really fun and nice. It's a very outgoing school. The campus is right in the middle of the city, which is great. You would never need a car. Frats are fun, but the sororities are more of a pain in the ass. There are some really great, fun teachers, but there are also some teachers that are just really bad.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: C-
GWU is a greatBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
GWU is a great school in an incredible city. Many opportunities for internships, helpful faculty and the coursework in the business program is more challenging then anticipated. Do not get caught up in the myth of mostly "snobby" students.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2012