StudentsReview ™ :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Campus News: Snapshot

The rest of the reviews are correct the

Apr 18 2010Civil Engineering
The rest of the reviews are correct the student body is pretty crap. Mostly self absorbed dumbasses. Coming from an African background I have never before seen people with money that like to show it. In africa no one cared how much money a person had what you had was for you. Kids here seem to be engaged in materialistic items so mcuh its shameful. If I knew the school was like this I would never have come. Although I do like to party have a good time and could match any of these kids dollar to dollar if not more I do not beleive they are worth spending the time effort or energy having meaningless conversations. Although ona positive not most of the gurls here are cute although they tend to look almost identical, it might be the limited amount of designer clothing that they buy (whatever is in season) life here seems to be like a bad hollywood drama. Oh well cest la vie but as in most scenarios u do wut u gotta do and make the best out of it. If you get accepted toa better or similarly ranked schoool I owuld recomend you go there this school si like Georgetown but without GT's high ranking (I go here and yes i cana dmit it GT is a much better school).
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F

I love this university and I love the

Apr 02 2010Public Health
I love this university and I love the city that surrounds it. I am able to work a full course load and still make time to work for the federal government part time and enjoy the numerous other opportunities at GWU and in DC. Although it is an expensive school it also gives more financial aid than almost any other university in the country.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B-

I came to this school as a transfer

Mar 05 2010Political Science
I came to this school as a transfer student from a community college (I needed something to get in since I went into the Army after high school). For the person who said the only people complain went to public, I must agree. I did, and I'm not ashamed. Really shows the character private schools gave them, and not to mention the educational intelligence (why didn't the students go to a Ivy League school? I guess public school gets people the same results. In fact, most students from Harvard are regular people who went to public schools, so that was a really dumb comment). I am an extremely wealthy student here, probably more than most of the kids, but I am very disturbed by the lack of class, rudeness, and arrogant behavior most of the students seem to offer. 95% of the student body are not intelligent at all. In fact, I think most should have go to the University of West Virginia, but I guess placing a "no" on the financial aid section really helps. The students seem to think bragging about mommy and daddy's money will get them into a high level job, but I'm excited to see where they will be really be placed.

As for the professors, some are brilliant. Others extraordinary and dedicated. But for the most part, most of them are lacking in creativity, knowledge, and motivation. The political science department is pretty great. The advisors are helpful and nice. The professors can really open your eyes to a whole different world. I was a business major before, and the business professors at GW really, really, really suck. Like beyond sucking. I would stay away from GW Business. There are much better schools out there. Even University of Maryland is ranked much higher (and way cheaper).

The amount of money students pay is ridiculous. The dorms really suck, and freshmen and sophomores are forced to stay in one. I was in Ivory Tower, which was the best at the time, and it was very ghetto. There is one cafeteria that has a huge lack of food options. The classrooms are worn down and old. The auditorium is below average. There are no restaurants in the area. There is nothing to do.Besides from some professors and GWork, I would give anything to attend another university, and I really regret my decision.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2011