StudentsReview :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Don't waste your time in this University

Jul 24 2013Electrical Engineering
Don't waste your time in this University. The reputation is fake. It is a scam. The school will squeeze you for every dollar and attach annoying fees here and there. The student body lacks integrity and honesty. Majority consisting utter mess of blabbering idiots with parents who don't know where to send their kids with their money. No wonder very minimal number of alumni donate to this joke of a institution.
Starting Job: Electrical Engineer Preparedness: F Reputation: F

Financially, I think it would have helped if

May 28 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Financially, I think it would have helped if I had come from a wealthier background. Not because the school is expensive (financial aid is actually really good), but because I think I could have related to other students more.

Socially, frats are pretty big. A lot of people party there even if they aren't in them. Clubbing is pretty popular, too. I was definitely disappointed at how big drinking was in campus and how few people new how to have a good time with out alcohol.

Academically, I found most of my classes to be really great. The professors I had we really awesome for the most part and very smart. They were willing to help if you were willing to ask. I've since transfered, but I think I would have liked GW more if I was a partier with a lot of money. If that's you, go for it.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: D

The classes are very average, and they do

Dec 17 2011History/Histories (art history/etc.)
The classes are very average, and they do nothing to make you want to go to class. But chiefly, my complaint is the people. GW tours will tell you that Greek life isn't big here, and that is a flat-out lie. Greek life continues to get bigger. And here's the thing: it's not good Greek life either. The sororities are so dumb: filled with backstabbing girls who are so selfish that they don't care who they hurt, as long as they get what they want. Many girls are here for an Mrs. Degree, which is stupid, seeing as this really isn't that type of school. I can count the number of quality people I know on one hand. And I've met over 200 people here. People in general are just flaky or weak. Very few people have a moral compass here. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I am in this school. Stay away.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015