StudentsReview ™ :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Campus News: Crime Log
Campus News: Snapshot

GWU sucks period

Sep 03 2010History/Histories (art history/etc.)
GWU sucks period. It was a waste of time and 52k a year. First off the school is run like a business not a university, for the amount of money that was spent, many of the dorms were old with broken down facilities (such as elevators, etc....). Advising in the Columbian School was atrocious, my advisor my freshman year abandoned me and went to Israel without telling me, and the walk in advisors aren't any help either in determining classes, it's left up to you to find out what to do and what classes to take.

Teachers here are the worst i have ever seen. Many of them while are knowledgeable in their fields don't know how to teach or don't care. They work during the day and teach on the side. Top it of classes were boring and didn't inspire to learn or even go. What pissed me off the most was that i attended class and worked hard to get a good grade and there would be kids who didn't show up the entire semester, were months late with the work, made some bs excuse to the teachers so that they could make it up and end up with an A for the semester. Also much of the homework given wouldn't even apply to the exams or anything else for that matter.

FInally the financial aid department is the worst ever. They lose all you paperwork and every week i would have to go back to sign the same papers again so that they would be lost. Even the people working there didn't know what was going on half the time. This school is a waste of money (which is all they care about), time, and energy. While i met great people there and made amazing friends, the classroom atmosphere just made me not care about the class or want to learn. I ended up transferring to great state school, paid less than a 1/3 of what gw was and the education is a million times better

2nd Year Male -- Class 2012
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: F

After one year at this miserable school, I

Aug 13 2010Psychology
After one year at this miserable school, I realized I would never be happy unless I transferred. GWU literally sucked the life out of me. The vast majority of people I met were unintelligent, out of touch with reality, appearance obsessed, bratty, spoiled, pathetic, insincere slackers.

The sorority girls at this school are something to behold; never have I met a more dimwitted, whorish, bitchy group. LADIES: Whether it is DG or ADPI YOU GIRLS NEED TO HIT THE FRICKING GYM. EW. If only others perceived you the way you perceive yourself.. sigh.

If you aren't Jewish, don't even bother applying.Worst year of my life. Peace out.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Useful Schoolwork: F

The rest of the reviews are correct the

Apr 18 2010Civil Engineering
The rest of the reviews are correct the student body is pretty crap. Mostly self absorbed dumbasses. Coming from an African background I have never before seen people with money that like to show it. In africa no one cared how much money a person had what you had was for you. Kids here seem to be engaged in materialistic items so mcuh its shameful. If I knew the school was like this I would never have come. Although I do like to party have a good time and could match any of these kids dollar to dollar if not more I do not beleive they are worth spending the time effort or energy having meaningless conversations. Although ona positive not most of the gurls here are cute although they tend to look almost identical, it might be the limited amount of designer clothing that they buy (whatever is in season) life here seems to be like a bad hollywood drama. Oh well cest la vie but as in most scenarios u do wut u gotta do and make the best out of it. If you get accepted toa better or similarly ranked schoool I owuld recomend you go there this school si like Georgetown but without GT's high ranking (I go here and yes i cana dmit it GT is a much better school).
1st Year Male -- Class 2013