StudentsReview ™ :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Financially, I think it would have helped if

May 28 2012Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Financially, I think it would have helped if I had come from a wealthier background. Not because the school is expensive (financial aid is actually really good), but because I think I could have related to other students more.

Socially, frats are pretty big. A lot of people party there even if they aren't in them. Clubbing is pretty popular, too. I was definitely disappointed at how big drinking was in campus and how few people new how to have a good time with out alcohol.

Academically, I found most of my classes to be really great. The professors I had we really awesome for the most part and very smart. They were willing to help if you were willing to ask. I've since transfered, but I think I would have liked GW more if I was a partier with a lot of money. If that's you, go for it.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: D

I realy loved GW

Apr 18 2012Economics
I realy loved GW. I thought the Econ department was great, and I felt like I learned a lot. After Freshman year when the class sizes became smaller I enjoyed the University even more. The access to internships and events in DC was unparalleled and I feel like I was surrounded by a lot of smart students from all over the country. (Don't get me wrong there are a fair amount of spoiled NY/NJers who have little to add to the world in general, but they are out numbered.) New Engineering and Science investment (200 million dollar building, new Professors) should be great for the future. Overall, great school that gave me a fun and challenging four years and allowed me to graduate with a good job in my field, very happy with GW.
4th Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: A-
Apr 10 2012Electrical Engineering

It is possible to survive a class and not learn anything. You will not always get the grade you deserve.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014