StudentsReview :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Feb 08 2013Economics
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This is a great school for politically involved students and the education you receive is good. That being said, there are plenty of rich, arrogant kids here that are very dislikable and the tuition is exorbitant, so if you aren't getting scholarships or good financial aid, coming here isn't worth it.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, University Resource Use: D-
Oct 30 2012English
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Quite simply? Best experience of my life. I transferred from Indiana at Bloomington and comparatively, to me, GWU felt like Harvard. What a contrast. I felt like I was getting a true, serious, world-class, Grade A top-notch education. I'm so grateful for it.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013
University Resource Use: A+, Individual Value: A-
Oct 23 2012Art & Design Department
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I cam to GW looking for an experience, and after almost a year and a half here, I can definitely say that I have. One aspect about this school that I have come to embrace is the fact that it represents every aspect that you will have to confront following graduation. Yes, there are a few snotty and condescending people. Yes, there is a bureaucracy that can make accomplishing tasks difficult. Yes, the food isn't great, and yes, the dorms can be in sub-par condition. Yet, there are absolutely wonderful aspect about GW that cannot be found anywhere else.

The first is the diversity; GW's student body has about 10,000 people; meaning there is a whole spectrum of individuals, some of who are some absolutely incredible and wonderful people. While frats do have a presence on campus, it is very easy to have a thriving social life without having to join one, and it is very easy to have a social life without alcohol. DC itself is such a thriving and bustling city, and it has so much to offer. You can very easily access any part of the city via Metro or even walking from GW's campus.

As for academics, I have been challenged in a majority of my classes, and I have had to work very hard for the grades I have now. While I have been in a few lecture halls that had hundreds of students, I have also had classes with five people and a professor. And while some people complain about TAs, I have found that they can be even more helpful than the professor at times. However, a good amount of of my professors here have been very accessible, and have always been accommodating to my needs.

Additionally, access to jobs and internships at GW is one of the greatest assets that this school has at its disposal. If they are taken advantage of, any individual will be perfectly capable of finding work after graduation, regardless of major.

Ultimately, if someone comes here expecting the university to give them everything on a silver platter, they need to find a different school. But if he or she is willing to work for what they want, undoubtedly, it will be attained.Has my experience here been perfect? No. But it is the best school that I could have chosen for myself. I regret nothing.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015