StudentsReview :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

Jan 08 2009Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I met some of the smartest, most motivated people (all who knew how to have a good time) while I was at GW. When I searched for colleges I wanted a school where students "worked hard and played hard". GW lived up to that reputation and then some. All of my friends from GW have gone on to accomplish great things in their careers. Out of the group of 8 girls that I would still consider my closest friends from GW, 6 of us have higher level degrees. From the other 2, 1 owns her own very successful company, and the other has a big position in the political world.

We had a great time while in school (maybe too much fun). As long as you keep smart about your decisions, anyone can have a blast while at GW, but still be successful!

I am not someone that has been handed life on a silver platter. I have had to work hard for all that I have right now. I worked 2 jobs throughout college so I could live the life I wanted to at GW. I would not change any of those experiences because it is shaped me into who I am today.

If you are looking for a school where are can wear pj's to class, GW is not the place for you (I learned that the hard way during my 1st 8am class). People will stare. Many people there come from great wealth, but such is life. This is a private school folks. And you know, I thank those people that can afford the most expensive shoes, bags, and cars because they helped to pay for my education. There were times I felt that my things did not measure up to others, but that was pressure I put onto myself. It was not because others made me feel that way. There are so many different type of people at GW. Yes, many are from the NE but you will find the same thing at most private schools in the NE. I am proud of my GW education. I could have gone to many other schools, but the experiences I had while at GW are irreplaceable.

Starting Job: Counselor Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B+
Apr 10 2012Electrical Engineering
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
It is possible to survive a class and not learn anything. You will not always get the grade you deserve.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, Innovation: F
Jun 01 2009Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
So happy I came to GW but, it can be a bit intimidating in the beginning. A lot of wealthy kids go here but I agree with prior reviews, if you give it a little time, you can meet interesting, friendly people. By second semester you usually find your niche. The faculty is amazing and this year was the absolute best time to be in DC! The students are not afraid to party but are also very serious about their academics and internships.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012