StudentsReview :: George Washington University - Comments and Student Experiences

George Washington University

I went to GW wanting to meet smartQuite BrightOther
I went to GW wanting to meet smart and worldly people who shared my interest in international affairs and culture. Basically, it's just a bunch of arrogant, rich, lazy, alcoholics who are not intelligent and won't be friends with you if you can't afford to go clubbing or shopping in Georgetown everyday. The people are horrible and condiscending to the point where I am considering transferring. I cannot stress enough how horrible the people are. I'm not rich and couldn't afford to go clubbing and shopping after the first couple months, and so my "friends" dropped me like "that."

The freshmen dorms are disgusting especially for such a hefty price, and the Vern campus is a waste of space since NO ONE wants to live there.

Even so, the Elliott School has great events and the city itself is great, but AVOID GW! I even work for the university and would NOT recommend it to a good friend.

On a more academic side, the classes should have been more challenging and the teachers more engaged with their students. No one takes GW seriously as I skipped the last half of one of my classes and still got at A! Also the food plan at the dining hall is overpriced. So don't go here.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, University Resource Use: D+
I met some of the smartest, most motivatedQuite BrightPsychology
I met some of the smartest, most motivated people (all who knew how to have a good time) while I was at GW. When I searched for colleges I wanted a school where students "worked hard and played hard". GW lived up to that reputation and then some. All of my friends from GW have gone on to accomplish great things in their careers. Out of the group of 8 girls that I would still consider my closest friends from GW, 6 of us have higher level degrees. From the other 2, 1 owns her own very successful company, and the other has a big position in the political world.

We had a great time while in school (maybe too much fun). As long as you keep smart about your decisions, anyone can have a blast while at GW, but still be successful!

I am not someone that has been handed life on a silver platter. I have had to work hard for all that I have right now. I worked 2 jobs throughout college so I could live the life I wanted to at GW. I would not change any of those experiences because it is shaped me into who I am today.

If you are looking for a school where are can wear pj's to class, GW is not the place for you (I learned that the hard way during my 1st 8am class). People will stare. Many people there come from great wealth, but such is life. This is a private school folks. And you know, I thank those people that can afford the most expensive shoes, bags, and cars because they helped to pay for my education. There were times I felt that my things did not measure up to others, but that was pressure I put onto myself. It was not because others made me feel that way. There are so many different type of people at GW. Yes, many are from the NE but you will find the same thing at most private schools in the NE. I am proud of my GW education. I could have gone to many other schools, but the experiences I had while at GW are irreplaceable.

Starting Job: Counselor; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: B+
Quite BrightElectrical Engineering
It is possible to survive a class and not learn anything. You will not always get the grade you deserve.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014