StudentsReview :: Howard University - Comments and Student Experiences

Hampton University -- Hampton, VA

Howard University is the

Jul 23 2014Perfomance Arts
Howard University is the mecca. It houses the greatest minds of the modern world. Plus it creates the most scholars who change the world for the better.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+,

If you are thinking about enrolling in Howard

Jun 25 2014Nursing
If you are thinking about enrolling in Howard University's nursing program please do yourself a huge favor and think twice before doing so. The majority of the staff is poorly trained to match the low quality of the program. There is little communication between the faculty and staff and everything is unorganized. Despite the high tuition payed by students there is not a/c in all of the class rooms and i personally had my classroom changed 3 times do to mold and asbestos. I cannot begin to describe all of the problems some of which include hidden fees, a lack of lab for science courses despite paying a lab fee, and the inability to transfer courses from any other school to the university.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

I was a high performing student before coming

Nov 20 2014Business - Management and Administration
I was a high performing student before coming to Howard. It was a "safety" school on my list. I had always envisioned myself attending a top-20 school and was actually accepted to 3 top-20 schools. However, money played the largest role and Howard ended up offering me a full ride scholarship. As a black student that was coming from a fairly elitist, predominantly white school, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. The first thing I noticed when I got here was the surplus of beautiful women and diverse (sometimes even questionable lol) style choices. For a while I wanted to transfer because I didn't feel like I was being challenged. That is until my friend, who is currently attending a top Ivy-League school, came to visit me. From what he told me, I realized that there wasn't really that big of a difference. Howard really is what you make of it. There are those who, after graduating end up becoming blue-collar folks working for a steady but low pay. Then there are those who graduate having done internships every summer while here and make 6-figures just 5 years after leaving. If you want to come here, please make sure that you join RELEVANT clubs and do extra curricular's that are actually going to benefit you going forward in life. Don't join a dance team when you already have 10 other commitments a day TRUST ME. Leave your room every once in a while and make sure that you get to know your fellow students at the beginning of the year. Howard students have a tendency to be sort of cliquey initially (however, the older we get, the more that fades away). The women are beautiful here but don't expect to find your wife (unless you're into girls who have had lots of...never mind). Overall, I'd give it a solid 8/10. It's a great school with a great history, but at the same time, the campus doesn't look that great. For a college, especially one with the prestige that Howard has, you'd expect to be walking into buildings that are reminiscent of your small town public middle school.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018