StudentsReview :: Southeastern University - Comments and Student Experiences

Southeastern University

well, let me start by saying i thought by going to a christNot so bright
well, let me start by saying i thought by going to a christian school, ill be challenge in meeting and sharing christian fellowship, but guess what i was wrong, at the beginning they were super friendly, but when i started it disagreeing with them, oh boy what a problem , they were the most fake ,people i ever met in the whole earth the faculty staff is a mess, plus the school is way too expensive ...i would not recommend this university, check student reviews before you go to SEU , dont let the gorgeous campus fool you!!!!!!!=(
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: B+, Education Quality: F
I transferred from a community college that wasBrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
I transferred from a community college that was better organized and knowledgable in students' course needs. My degree was extended for an entire year because between all 3 counselors that I had during my enrollment, no one seemed to catch that my degree required an intermediate language. The cost is far too high for the academic nature of this school. It wasn't challenging whatsoever. The good professors are no longer there. The chapels were great but not enough seating. The food plan was outrageously expensive and I wasn't able to opt out. After just one year I am now owing Sallie Mae $26,000. Luckily, I had all my other tuition paid for before graduating. Would not recommend this school until serious changes are made with how they treat students who are short on loans and also the chaos in the Registrar's office.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2006
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
I thought that it would be a goodQuite BrightEducation
I thought that it would be a good experience to come to a Christian University. I thought the education would be good and the students would be open and friendly. I WAS WRONG. The education department is horrible. No one seems to know anything. All of my grades were turned in late which made it impossible for me to transfer this January. They professors don't respond to emails or answer your questions because they usually don't know what you are asking! They also don't really believe in following the syllabus! Which makes things very confusing! I was also told that in order to graduate in a timely manner I need to take at least 18 credit hours a semester. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Although I did it with A's and Bs it is something I NEVER want to do again! I didn't have time to have any life or work for most of the semester. I feel like I wasted my parents money by coming here. I feel like I did not learn a single thing. WASTE OF TIME!

The rules are ridiculous. I don't drink or party, but got in trouble for wearing shorts a few times. It is Florida and 2009! Girls should be able to wear tank tops and shorts! I wear shorts to church for goodness sakes!

The people here all seem fake. I met a group of really nice people at first, but as soon as I did things they didn't agree with they informed me that devil was inside of me (The thing I did that they didn't agree with was date a boy they didn't find acceptable). Guess that means the devil is inside of me!! I found that extremely un-christian like and rude. Students gossip a lot and don't seem christian like at all. They only care about if they appear to seem like a christian. It doesn't seem like they really read the Bible. Or maybe they just missed that whole part on not judging others and treating others they way you want to be treated.

Even though I am from Lakeland it is a horrible dump to live and I can't wait to transfer out. I stayed in Lakeland because Im close with my family, but after going to this school have decided it will be in my best interest to attend school else where. Lakeland is over populated and dirty. Traffic is horrible and everyone is from up north. This once small town has turned into a huge, ghetto, dump! I hate it!

THe staff in the admissions office and registrar's office are very friendly and somewhat helpful. They are the only ones who kept me sane in this whole experience!All in all this school is horrible. Don't let the pretty campus, fake smiling students and surrounding music fool you. Unless you are planning on becoming a preacher DO NOT COME TO SEU! They don't even have a President right now! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!

1st Year Female -- Class 2011