StudentsReview :: Delaware Technical Community College Terry - Comments and Student Experiences

Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA
Saint Mary's College of Maryland -- St. Mary's City, MD
Maryland Institute College of Art -- Baltimore, MD

Delaware Technical Community College Terry

My Del Tech experience was horrible.BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
My Del Tech experience was horrible. It has made me not want to go back to school. I was in their VisCom program and the teachers were absolutely horrible. I made out better the the Owens campus. However, there is no VisCom program there so I had to commute back and forth to the Terry campus. For starters, stick to ONE campus! Do not try to go to multiple campuses because they are NOT all connected. If you receive financial aid and try to pay for books they have to make phone calls up to the other campus in order to clear everything to be able to use your financial aid. Their computer systems are terrible when it comes to that. I preferred the Owens campus because the faculty was much more helpful and a lot more friendlier. Terry campus was my worst nightmare. I was pushed into my schedule and wasn't given a choice. It was a cookie cutter meeting with my counselor who was also Dept. Chair and an instructor. Needless to say if I had a problem with the instructor I couldn't go to my counselor about it. In which case I did. If you are fresh out of high school going into this department then you are in for a tough ride. This program is cut throat with arrogant teachers. Students were treated with such sarcasm and disrespect (i.e. cursing towards students in front of classmates - DURING presentations.) The department staff and adjunct teachers were very rude and unprofessional. Later on finding out I would be moving and wouldn't be able to finish my associates (and Del Tech credits do not transfer to hardly anywhere) I decided not to put myself through so much stress and discouragement (mostly from the instructors) that I stopped going after 7 weeks. This particular department would not be my first choice of a school. And from another comment, yes SEED does pull you in. Avoid this department at all costs!
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: B, Education Quality: F
AveragePsychology
This college is a keeper. I recommend this college for any person wanting to futher this studies.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A, Education Quality: A
I majored in Multimedia and Advertising Design atQuite BrightArt & Design Department
I majored in Multimedia and Advertising Design at Del Tech. I enrolled in 02, and only one person from my high school was in the same program as me, so I didn't know a whole lot of people going in.

For a community college, the VisCom programs are excellent. I really learned a lot. The teachers are very smart and design oriented people.

Most of the students are very nice. I made friends throughout my time there and now have a great best friend. Most of the students are there to learn and appreciate what they are doing, but of course there are a few people that just scrape by. When it comes down to it, Del Tech IS a community college. The VisCom programs are just now starting to crack down on people and increasing the work load to weed out the slackers. Dont expect the best and the brightest artists to come out of this program, but about 2-3 people that graduate a year are really headed somewhere. You can really make the experience worthwhile if you work hard and be proactive.

The administration is amazing here, compared to other schools. I have never once had anything mess up. The facult works with you by semester to make sure you have the right classes and that you will graduate on time. There wasn't one class here that was super hard, but there are a few, such as the English Comp class, that are going to take some work. I never had a problem with the Business or Registrar offices.

There is a small cafeteria with a small selection of food and vending machines. It's not open late, and its only in the Terry building, so if you're in the ETB building, you're out of luck. But its not too expensive and is pretty good!

Overall I had a fantastic experience at Del Tech. Right now I have a job working in my field making $25k a year, which isn't the most money ever, but I plan on continuing my education at an art school and getting a high paying job isn't my main focus at this point.For $1k a semester Del Tech is amazing and I recommend it to anyone!

3rd Year Female -- Class 2005