StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Academy of Art College -- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Art Institute -- San Francisco, CA
Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale

Sure I have no idea what happened inAverageArt & Design Department
Sure I have no idea what happened in the early 2000's, but people always have said that people and places can change. I can say this that each courses are different from one another, some people might say that it's not challenging enough and some might say otherwise. Me in the illustration department, just straight up illustration in general, can be pretty hard, in my own opinion. The instructors there here have gotten a little more strict and same the thing with the school policy. We have more incountry English speaking English instructors, but each one teaches in their own way, which can have its ups and downs. Yes and you can't use the credits that you've earned to go to different school, but if you paid close attention to what they have to say about the switching between different schools then you would know. The only thing I wished they did improve is the housing department. Either than that the school has gotten better in my opinion.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A, Perceived Campus Safety: C
I started attending this school in the SummerSuper BrilliantDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I started attending this school in the Summer Quarter of 2011 and graduated December of 2014. Let me just say, that as the quarters went on, this school not only got worse from a management point of view, but also from a student point of view. If I had the chance to go back and do it all over again, I WOULD NOT choose this school. Not only are some of the Department chairs and teachers down right rude, but the Administration, Registrar and Career Services people are absolutely useless as well. There are maybe a handful of teachers that I would go back to see, other than that - I will NEVER step foot in this school again. Oh, and you know how everyone tells you that Ai is a good school to be associated with? Yeah, that's a load of you know what. The students that they are pumping out of there are downright rude, obnoxious little babies who don't understand what it is like to work and go to school and have responsibilities. They make those of us who know what we are doing look bad. If you ever need to call the school for any reason, you'll find out that your sh** out of luck. NOBODY knows how to answer the phone and if they do, they are rude and condescending - way to be "all about the students." This school only cares about your money, they do not care about anything else. Certain teachers who are there because they believe in the students (you know who you are) I am sorry for this negative post, because it was those few teachers that made an impact on who I am today - NOT Ai.
Starting Job: EMS; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: F
I been attending The art institute of fortBrightArt & Design Department
I been attending The art institute of fort lauderdale for nearly 5 years. I will finally finish my bachelors in media arts and animation this winter of 2014. I want to write a "fair" review since being here for this long has taught me a lot about how much a school can change. You will find unprofessional teachers, and professional teachers. unfriendly staff and friendly staff. Although the school does it's best to keep their systems updated, and they do a pretty good job, they make up with a loss of a structured program. My program has made so many changes in the past 5 years, I couldnt keep up with what direction I was supposed to take in my career. It took three years of research, self discovery, and TUTORIALS to figure out what I wanted to do for my DEMO REEL. The best thing the program has to offer is the access to DIGITAL TUTORS, and that is SAD. I was lucky in the first two years to be surrounded by intelligent teachers who were actually dedicated to their jobs. I feel sorry for the new generation of freshmen who will never understand what this school was years ago.
5th Year Male -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A, Useful Schoolwork: F
Compare AIOFLSave AIOFL

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→