StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Academy of Art College -- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Art Institute -- San Francisco, CA
Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale

I have been greatly disappointed with the quality

Jul 16 2014Interior Design
I have been greatly disappointed with the quality of the professors, curriculum and campus of The Art Institute. For the price of the school, it has definatley not been worth it financially. Iam only staying because I have no other school option that offers a bachelors in interior design in my area. I can't wait to be over with this school who has put their students as last priority.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F

I have been attending this school for over

May 07 2014Interior Design
I have been attending this school for over two years now, and if I didn't just want to get a degree I would have quit. The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale is such a rip off. The tuition is very expensive and the level of education is horrible. Classes are not offered at convenient times, so the adviser's just put you in classes regardless of if you are prepared for the course or not. The equipment does not work. The computers are always broken along with at least half of the old drafting desks. The classes and teachers are so inconsistent. Most of the teachers were laid off because they were full time employees collecting benefits and the school did not want to pay that much anymore so they hired all adjunct professors who don't know what they are teaching. You learn one thing in one class and then completely different in another class. This school cares more about a profit than actually teaching their students. That is why they are condensing everything into one building in the middle of the quarter. Parking is a joke! Most of what I have learned was from google.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: B, Education Quality: F

I been attending The art institute of fort

Oct 23 2014Art & Design Department
I been attending The art institute of fort lauderdale for nearly 5 years. I will finally finish my bachelors in media arts and animation this winter of 2014. I want to write a "fair" review since being here for this long has taught me a lot about how much a school can change. You will find unprofessional teachers, and professional teachers. unfriendly staff and friendly staff. Although the school does it's best to keep their systems updated, and they do a pretty good job, they make up with a loss of a structured program. My program has made so many changes in the past 5 years, I couldnt keep up with what direction I was supposed to take in my career. It took three years of research, self discovery, and TUTORIALS to figure out what I wanted to do for my DEMO REEL. The best thing the program has to offer is the access to DIGITAL TUTORS, and that is SAD. I was lucky in the first two years to be surrounded by intelligent teachers who were actually dedicated to their jobs. I feel sorry for the new generation of freshmen who will never understand what this school was years ago.
5th Year Male -- Class 2014