StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Academy of Art College -- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Art Institute -- San Francisco, CA
Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale

I started attending this school in the SummerSuper BrilliantDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I started attending this school in the Summer Quarter of 2011 and graduated December of 2014. Let me just say, that as the quarters went on, this school not only got worse from a management point of view, but also from a student point of view. If I had the chance to go back and do it all over again, I WOULD NOT choose this school. Not only are some of the Department chairs and teachers down right rude, but the Administration, Registrar and Career Services people are absolutely useless as well. There are maybe a handful of teachers that I would go back to see, other than that - I will NEVER step foot in this school again. Oh, and you know how everyone tells you that Ai is a good school to be associated with? Yeah, that's a load of you know what. The students that they are pumping out of there are downright rude, obnoxious little babies who don't understand what it is like to work and go to school and have responsibilities. They make those of us who know what we are doing look bad. If you ever need to call the school for any reason, you'll find out that your sh** out of luck. NOBODY knows how to answer the phone and if they do, they are rude and condescending - way to be "all about the students." This school only cares about your money, they do not care about anything else. Certain teachers who are there because they believe in the students (you know who you are) I am sorry for this negative post, because it was those few teachers that made an impact on who I am today - NOT Ai.
Starting Job: EMS; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: F
I have been greatly disappointed with the qualityQuite BrightInterior Design
I have been greatly disappointed with the quality of the professors, curriculum and campus of The Art Institute. For the price of the school, it has definatley not been worth it financially. Iam only staying because I have no other school option that offers a bachelors in interior design in my area. I can't wait to be over with this school who has put their students as last priority.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F
I have been attending this school for overBrightInterior Design
I have been attending this school for over two years now, and if I didn't just want to get a degree I would have quit. The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale is such a rip off. The tuition is very expensive and the level of education is horrible. Classes are not offered at convenient times, so the adviser's just put you in classes regardless of if you are prepared for the course or not. The equipment does not work. The computers are always broken along with at least half of the old drafting desks. The classes and teachers are so inconsistent. Most of the teachers were laid off because they were full time employees collecting benefits and the school did not want to pay that much anymore so they hired all adjunct professors who don't know what they are teaching. You learn one thing in one class and then completely different in another class. This school cares more about a profit than actually teaching their students. That is why they are condensing everything into one building in the middle of the quarter. Parking is a joke! Most of what I have learned was from google.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014