StudentsReview :: The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale - Comments and Student Experiences

Academy of Art College -- San Francisco, CA
San Francisco Art Institute -- San Francisco, CA
Art Center College of Design -- Pasadena, CA

The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale

I don't know why students don't like this

Apr 25 2011Art & Design Department
I don't know why students don't like this school so much, its a great school. I was helped a lot during my first quarter here, and I am loving it. I find the students that rate this school as bad are just arrogant people who want to get a degree and not do any hard work to prove themselves in the world
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Extracurricular Activities: D-

The school provides the best technological tools for

Nov 23 2011Art & Design Department
The school provides the best technological tools for students to learn the curriculum. The computers and software the newest available. The instructors vary from very good to sub par.

Ultimately it is up to you, the student, to learn and teach yourself the course work. No one will do it for you, so quit whining'.Grad 2011

3rd Year Male -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: D-

I loved my time at AiFl

Aug 23 2010Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I loved my time at AiFl. It is not a school for slackers or people who want an easy ride just because they are "artists". If you go there expect to be challanged and hard work. Late nights are the norm, and not just during exam weeks. Creativity and innovation are rewarded, so is hard work and determination. I graduated in December 2009 and I am now working in my field (graphic design). Every single day i apply what i learned in school, and I thank the lord I picked the school i did. I think a lot of people go in thinking this will be one of those nurturing artsy fartsy schools, and its not. Its commercial and its designed to prepare you for the professional world. And they did just that. I am very greatful to my professors who were always attentive and helpful, I owe them my success. With the good out of the way I have to say the dorms are HORRIBLE. If you have a choice of not living there, take it. It was by far the worst part about goint to AiFL.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2009