StudentsReview ™ :: Broward College - Comments and Student Experiences

Broward College

Do not waste your time at this school

Apr 01 2014Biology
Do not waste your time at this school , the teachers are nice and as helpful as possible but actual academic advising is HORRENDOUS . You never get the same answer twice and that's IF you can get an advising appointment the "lovely" front desk secretary is not interested in your academic issues but more with her Facebook and her nails . The financial aid office is just as useless I was told I didn't qualify for aid not to apply I did and received it along with a few grants . This school doesn't expect you to succeed nor do they care as long as you aren't failing and dragging their rating down as a school . The campus is laid out ok but the classrooms are ugly and half painted. The only parts of the school that look taken. Care of are the main building that new potential students and their parents see and the library . The classrooms consist of dingy beige walls and scuffed rubber baseboards no inspiration whatsoever .
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

If you don't have a scholarship & want

Dec 04 2013Computer Science
If you don't have a scholarship & want an AA on your way to a bachelors- not a bad college, not a really good one either. Know EXACTLY what you want to study & the required GEs from your university of choice- advisement is sketchy, they will misguide you, tell you 'sure' to get you out of their office. Security on central campus is bad, lock your car & don't park in the parking garage between FAU and BC if you can help it. Pick your GE professors wisely, you'll run into thick accents, heavy work loads and uninvolved ones who'd rather not answer questions. Some of the professors teach full-time at other 4 year universities and tend to be condescending (as if BC students were their 'charity case'). Overall, it's just ok. Sometimes attending this college makes me regret my life decisions.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Social Life: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: F

I am advising anyone who thinks they are

May 08 2013Unknown
I am advising anyone who thinks they are going here to not! I just finished my first year here and going from high school to this made me want to go back to high school. The staff was rude, the students were disgusting and inappropriately touched me when I had no idea who they were, and the professors were fucking morons like seriously I knew more than they did. All of the student workers here were rude and ignorant. They would put their budies in front of everyone else and they didn't have to wait(by the way I waited for an hour because the AA girl was letting all her friends who didn't have to wait go first). The school looked so nice when I went to visit it but it just turned into hell. Good looks isn't everything and some of you ladies should know what I'm talking about lol. But seriously it was a fun experience if you want to go and party because they don't have dorms they are all apartments. If partying is your number 1 priority then go here cause they have a beach, lake where everyone chills at, and parties in the apartments all the time. But if not don't waste your money because it is expensive here to live but the school is cheap and your grades reflect that (2.7 GPA and that was with studying its just the professors hate everyone and try to fail you). I came here from Miami and the only reason I went here is because my mom wanted me to go to a junior college first but I wanted to leave so me and a friend went here. Over all the school sucked, looked pretty but sucked. P.s. This school fucking sucks DON'T GO HERE!!!!!

Maharishi University of Management (IA) 1:negative