StudentsReview :: Brevard Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Brevard Community College

I get the impression that NO ONE there

Sep 21 2013Other
I get the impression that NO ONE there gets any type of training at all. No one ever can answer even simple questions about resources, etc. Their financial aid is connected to a bank card which is a scheme for the school and bank at the students' expense. I never know what is going on with my financial aid. Sometimes I have money, sometimes it's negative, even though I'm not even using it (paying cash) and no one seems to be able to explain this.
Friendliness: C+, Education Quality: F

Very disorganized program

Mar 18 2013Nursing
Very disorganized program. A few instructors are pretty good, but most need to retire. Too bad it's the only affordable nursing program in the county...not surprising since I am teaching myself.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
University Resource Use: A, Surrounding City: D-

On the positive side, most of the teachers I have had h

Apr 29 2013Other
On the positive side, most of the teachers I have had have been very helpful and care about what they are teaching. On the negative side, recently, I have experienced a teacher coming to class 'stoned' on something, rattling on about needing to 'talk' and then taking class role reciting student's names that are not in the class. Ultra bizarre behavior in a class that needs more input, instruction, and explanation--statistics class. Take different math class other than statistics at this school, take statistics later after your A.A. or A.S. Very challenging class with teacher at this school.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2013