StudentsReview :: Florida International University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Atlantic University -- Boca Raton, FL

Florida International University

This school will only

Jul 21 2014Chemistry
This school will only cause you problems and will not help you in anything at all. They will stress you out even for the stupidest things, like trying to contact your professor. Professors are rude, and discourage students all the time. DONT GO HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE EVER
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

This campus is very unorganized

May 29 2014Interior Design
This campus is very unorganized. Do not expect anything done without a fight. The school does not care about your progress. No one in Admissions, financial aid, or registration will help unless you continuously bug them. Only do things at the School itself. They will lie to you to get you off the phone. In all honesty I am looking for a new school already.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F

I was a commuter student at FIU for

Jul 12 2014Psychology
I was a commuter student at FIU for 1 year, and overall I really loved this school. The campus is beautiful, the office faculty members are friendly, and the place is very active. The reason why a rated this school to be neutral is that although I really love most things about the school, the one thing I had the most trouble with was the professors. The professors can definitely be arrogant, condescending, and rude. They seem to think very highly of themselves, and they do not always treat students with respect. I am not the type of person that lets everything that people do bother me, but I had a problem with many professors in this way. Since every thing else about the school is really great, this really sucks. After all, education is what really matters. All the other things should rank lower in importance (after education). I want to talk to professors who are approachable and friendly. FIU really needs to work on this problem. If they did, they would have an awesome school. Just because you have a degree does not always mean you should be teaching other people. I think that if you cannot be a nice instructor, you should not be teaching me. I have learned to avoid the professors and try to answer questions and figure out issues myself. Also what they say about being more introverted is true. If you are more on the introverted and shy side, it will not be easy to make friends. I did not live on campus, so not having friends didn't bother me too much.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014