StudentsReview :: Everest University - North Orlando - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL
Florida Metropolitan University Tampa College, Pinellas -- Clearwater, FL

Everest University - North Orlando

My name is arielle i've attended fmu(now everest)Quite BrightPreLaw and Legal
My name is arielle i've attended fmu(now everest) university let me tell you this school is a big fuckin rip-off!! all they want is your money! it seems like they care more about you getting a loan than grants.i originally started that bullshit school in 2004, at that time i was going for business administration(only because thats what my mother wanted me to do)i earned 16 credits and said you know what this isnt for me. what i really wanted to study was legal studies so thats what i ended up doing. anyway they told me those 16 credits wouldnt transfer into that program. im like wtf?! then the academic advisor told me maybe 4 credits could go over.i told her please explain to me why my credits wont transfer she said they dont match the degree im going for. i was upset to the point that i was like the hell with that school. i dropped out to look for other colleges that were more appealing to me. i ended up not finding anything. so i ended up going back to hell hole university. after the second time i went i heard a group of 8 people saying this school is horrible, i want my $4,000 back,and im going to sue this piece of shit of school. i went over to them and joined them in their conversation. i asked them whats going on they said we went to florida international university to transfer credits so we obtain our bachelors degree the dean told us we will not accept any of your credits. we asked the dean why? he said because fmu isnt a real school, they have a national accreditation(regional is the highest one just to let you know), and their curriculum is way off point. i said to myself wow, this is terrible. so here i am again, a college drop-out. it was the year 2006 i still havent completed my degree but, i knew i had to in order to land my dream job/career. close to the summer of that year i took it upon myself to visit some schools(you cant always go by hearsay) the schools i went to were: florida atlantic university,st. thomas university,bcc, and nova southeastern university. and you know what? those same 8 students were totally right. the president @ stu told me the sad, depressing news. he also told me to keep my head up and not be a quitter. so i waited and waited to go back to school,finally it was the strength and encouragement i received from family and friends that pushed me to back. i am very glad i did. i started back this year(09) at miami dade college. lemme tell you im so glad to have found them. they accepted my credits(well most of them,when i went back the second time i earned 44 credits total)im am so very grateful...and you just wouldnt understand how i feel right now. those fucking commercial ads are fake. even though they get played all day every day doesnt mean shit! and to make it so bad its the same 2 people. heelllooo wake up. then its like they cater to "single mothers,ghetto people,people with no high school diploma or ged equivalent, and pretty much anybody who can breathe! do yourselves a huge favor do not attend everest university and/or institute! i repeat do not attend everest university and/or institute they are a big rip-off, they only want your money, once you get in the program their pretty much finished with ya, you cant further your education if you wanted to(only if you start over), their accreditation sucks, theres no social and/or school activities, no cheerleading squad, sports, cafeteria, or nothing. its just a bunch of bullshit!! i cant wait til they shot down shop, i want to be there when it happens. oh yeah another thing this school isnt for me because theres barely any class interaction and the students are dumb ass fuck! they'll slide you an a just cause you came to class. i dont like handouts. i love to be challenged it turns me on. lol. anyway please stay away if you want to know some good schools for business admini., legal studies, criminal justice, accounting, and so forth here they are:broward college, miami dade college, palm beach community college, florida gulf coast university, barry university(this is where my lil sis attends), nova southeastern university, st. thomas university, fl. international university, university of miami, palm beach atlantic university, ucf,uwf,unf,usf,uf, florida state, and florida memorial. but, if your the working adult and prefer to do online classes: capella university, strayer university, mountain state university, lynn university, keiser university, and carlos albizu. theres 2 more but i cant think of them right now.besides the few i said the other online schools suck so please stay away.thank you for time and good luck to all of your future endeavors!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
Individual Value: B, Education Quality: F
PreLaw and Legal
To really study hard in your field and practice interviewing over and over to get the right job for you.
I attended FMU and graduated in 2000.Quite BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I attended FMU and graduated in 2000. After that I cold-called every print shop, advertising agency and everywhere else I could think of to try to get a job as a graphic artist. When the potential employer found out I went to this school, they laughed in my face. Many years later, I joined the Navy to pay off the huge loans I took out to attend here and am planning on going back to a REAL college in the near future. Don't waste your time.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2000