StudentsReview :: Florida Southern College - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

Florida Southern College

If you are looking to major in education

Oct 30 2008Education
If you are looking to major in education look somewhere else... This once good deptarment is not failing to meet the needs of the students. Budgets are tight campus wide and it is noticeable in many cutback that have been made this year. I was very satisfied with my first year but with the many changes that have been made without student input this year i am pleased to say i will be transfering in janurary along with many other students i know... I do hope things turn around here but right now the school is too concerned with the construction of many building and it has begun to neglect the needs of its students
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: B+, Education Quality: F

Florida Southern College is a great small private

Apr 12 2008Music - Performance
Florida Southern College is a great small private school for the fine arts. The faculty is approachable and friendly. The students are also nice, however the greek scene can be a little rediculous. Lakeland is a nice small city/ large town that has plenty to do and the college is only 45 minutes from the beach.
4th Year Male -- Class 2008
Individual Value: A+, Campus Maintenance: C

I have really enjoyed my time at FSC

Sep 08 2008Music - Performance
I have really enjoyed my time at FSC. My favorite teachers are the ones that challenged me, I might have a gotten a lower grades in some of the challenging classes but I learned the most from them. The Music Department is a huge family. We see each other all the time, sometimes having 4-5 classes together a day. The faculty for the most part is incredibly helpful and friendly, but there are always the exceptions. The Festival of Fine Arts Program is pretty awesome, we've had performers from Emmanuel Ax to the Five Browns to the Jerusalem Symphony Orchestra to the Russian Ballet to big opera company's performing Madame Butterfly and The Magic Flute. I highly recommend going to FSC. Try to have a lesson with your possible applied teacher beforehand.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2009