StudentsReview ™ :: Florida Southern College - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

Florida Southern College

Alright, So the school as a whole is

Dec 24 2006Political Science
Alright, So the school as a whole is of fairly poor quality. There are certain aspects that are good and others that lack. To be an optomist, the good parts are dealing with the social part of the school. The school itself doesn't put anything on for the students. There is a huge lack of weekend programming. What are we left to do? DRINK! Kaus is the best place ever. It is the only thing that makes me feel like I am in college. This is a DRY CAMPUS!! That means no alcohol permitted...we have lots of it though. Thank GOD...that is the only way that I could survive. Now for the negatives. I have an ENGLISH professor who doesn't speak ENGLISH! Also, I am a political science major and there are only two professors in the major. Both of whom are so old that they could go at any minute. The administration had a huge generation gap with the students and don't know what they want.
1st Year Male -- Class 2010
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Education Quality: F
Jul 27 2005Perfomance Arts

Florida Southern is a wondeful school that provides a very hands-on education in a small and personal setting.

1st Year Female -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B

A small college is not for everybody but

Jun 20 2005Communications
A small college is not for everybody but it's definitely for me. I love this school and I cannot imagine being anywhere else. The faculty and administration know my face AND name and if I ever need anything I get a response from them immediately. You have to be open-minded about college and realize that your experience is what you make it so you might as well have a good time.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2006