StudentsReview :: Florida Southern College - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida State University -- Tallahassee, FL

Florida Southern College

Aesthetically the campus is very pleasing for those

Sep 11 2010Political Science
Aesthetically the campus is very pleasing for those that like an abundance of plant life and decorative fountains. There are so many "gardens" it is a varietable maze to travel from class to class while dodging the perpetual lawn maintenance crews. The obvious effort to maintain the surface of the campus is completely lacking in the maintenance of the actual facilities. Throughout the classrooms you will find loose wires and rotted or rotting tiles and sections of wall. Before applying I would strongly recomend walking through a large portion of the buildings in the heat of the summer to perhaps experience a class with no A/C and an outside tempurature of 95+ degrees. Staff are generally friendly up until the point you ask them to do their job. They will talk to you all day about the gardens and weather, but as soon as you need something other than a friendly conversation prepare to be given the run around with you being told in every way that you are the one making things so difficult.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: B, Education Quality: D

I looked at FSU and UCF, and with

Nov 03 2009Business - Management and Administration
I looked at FSU and UCF, and with their class sizes over 400 per class, I didn't think I would be getting the education I wanted. FSC has the smaller class sizes where I get to actually know and interact with my professor and the other students. Life on campus is great, fun, helpful, actually a lot going on for students, and Tampa and Orlando are half hour away with about everything else one might want to do! I'm glad for my pick in going to FSC, wouldn't trade it for the world.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B+

I have always been interested in the sports

Sep 12 2010Athletics/Training
I have always been interested in the sports environment and was hoping that a smaller school would give me the opportunity to gain more hands on learning. The program itself is put together well I just wish it was at a different school. The student solutions center which is designed to help solve any problems we may have at the school is more of a "you did this wrong" type of place than a "this is what we can do to help" program. And safety is an issue as well. Last year there were a few students hit by a truck crossing the road on campus, which they have atleast attempted to address; then there was the case of someone dressed up in a costume harassing students on campus. I see security on their golf carts, however that is all I see. On a side note they do like to write tickets to visiting people (i.e. parents frank lloyd wright photographers). Overall I think this school is very attractive during visits, but when you're there for a period of time lots of little things add up to a less than stellar college experience.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2012